Rocking Grandma

I've never seen this. Pretty good chops, there!

It's nice to see that video has been spreading around! The lady in the video is very nice. I had the pleasure of meeting her when she came in the drum shop a couple of weeks ago.

I made a thread about this yesterday. It has more info and links to her musical story.

http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108879

Not a problem! I hope you enjoy learning more about her. :)

I loved the comment: "Still better than Lars Ulrich."

I loved the comment: "Still better than Lars Ulrich."

Way less of a total idiot, too. Lars has a dumb face that makes me want to punch it. The stuff that comes out of his mouth causes a similar reaction.

It's nice to see that video has been spreading around! The lady in the video is very nice. I had the pleasure of meeting her when she came in the drum shop a couple of weeks ago.

I made a thread about this yesterday. It has more info and links to her musical story.

http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108879

Interesting. I was a the DRUM! night yesterday and she was there. A couple of folks had set up some demos in the lobby and she sat down at a Craviatto kit and started wailing away. Nearly knocked over the snare stand mounted tom and nicked it up pretty good by pushing the snare around. The guys there tried to get her to stop so that they could move the drums further apart or put something on them where they were banging together. But she ignored them and kept right on pounding until she was good and done. Definitely not cool to watch. Unfortunate that instant fame can go to some people's heads. A kit isn't yours, you bend over backwards to be nice with it. And if it's something like a custom Craviatto, I would think that you would be doubly careful. The poor reps (one of which knew the YouTube story, the other had no idea who this woman was) had to bite their tongues and not yank the sticks out of her hands or go off on her. I guess they brought this beautiful kit to a public space, they knew there was a chance of some joker going off on it. But who would have thought Grandma would be the rock star to bang it up.

Back