Sliding bass drums on floor

bobwright

Since she has banished my kit from the spare room ("the grandkids might need the room when they stay") to the garage I find that the bass drums are sliding bit by bit on a concrete floor (originally the kit was on carpet and no problem).

I know I can stop this by putting bricks or similar weights in front of the drums, but wondering if there might be any suggestions for something that won't look as ugly?

Something placed under the bass drums maybe???

Thanks guys......

Re: SLIDING BASS DRUMS ON FLOOR

Your nearest Macy's might be a stretch.....travel costs could add up a bit.

But yep, a rug is what you're looking for. One large enough to fit underneath both the bass drum and your throne. That'll keep it from wandering away.

I bought a small rug at Lowes for 30.00. works fine.

Of course.....it didn't slide on the carpet so a large piece of carpet or rug would be just as good. Might try one of those Indian carpet places where they have genuine Fuck-are-we persian rugs selling for $20 (normally $3,000).

I would have the garage finished into a plushly carpeted drum room with all needed comforts.

I would have the garage finished into a plushly carpeted drum room with all needed comforts.

Agreed! At the moment its a combination gym/drum room. The cars can rust outside.

If this were a V-drum kit, would this be considered the Electric Slide?

Well since we lost a few posts, I'll re-post mine :)

What about this Bob?

The original pic... and the colored versions, lol :)

Attachments

• ancre.png
    ancre.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Colored Ankers.jpg
    Colored Ankers.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 199

Your nearest Macy's might be a stretch.....travel costs could add up a bit.

But yep, a rug is what you're looking for. One large enough to fit underneath both the bass drum and your throne. That'll keep it from wandering away.
Only a Macy's rug will do the trick. Definitely worth the air fare.

Small olefin mat, tough rubber on one side, low-pile carpet on the other. Holds scratchy Velcro like nobody's business, takes spikes like a ninja. Put part of it under your throne, the other part under your pedal. Your pedal's Velcro will be enough to hold it, or apply your own Velcro the pedal.

I use one of those grey outdoor type rugs that lows had on sale for $20 one time. It's 10ftx8ft, so overkill, but nice since I can put my recording setup and drum kit on it at the same time!

Back