Marine Metal

guys, i ve heard some us marines sometimes play some heavy distortion music during combat, if any of u know some of the actual songs and artist names plse lemme know, i like to use it for when i workout...

i think in the movie Jarhead they are listening to metal in a tank. Check it out.
Also, I think there's some music played by the infantry in the series Generation Kill

I read a book in which they listened to music while on patrol, but I can't imagine that listening to music while on patrol would be a good idea. If you're looking for some good music to work out too, make a playlist of stuff that gets you pumped up. I have one with stuff like Mr. Scary by Dokken, Headstron by Trapt, Frontline by Pillar, a bunch of Avenged Sevenfold, Rise Against, and a little Megadeth and Metallica.

Thrashers and blasters, all the way. None of these half bands with no real chops claiming things like "melody" as a crutch for half tempo playing. Hah! All straight aggression, destruction, determination. (and just as much melody/technical theory as the fake metalcore bands btw)

Exodus
Kreator
Slayer
Testament
Early Megadeth
Pre black album Metallica
Anthrax
Morbid Angel
Cannibal Corpse
Hate Eternal
Nile
Through the Eyes of the Dead
Necrophagist
Cryptopsy
Dimmu Borgir
Immortal
Gorgoroth
Dissection
Emperor
Marduk (when it blasts)

Exodus
Kreator
Slayer
Testament
Early Megadeth
Pre black album Metallica
Anthrax
Morbid Angel
Cannibal Corpse
Hate Eternal
Nile
Necrophagist
Cryptopsy
Dimmu Borgir
Immortal
Gorgoroth
Dissection
Emperor
Marduk (when it blasts)

Adding to it...

Deicide
Vital Remains
Brain Drill
Disgorge
Here Comes the Kraken
Suicide Silence
Immolation
Decapitated
Revocation
Gnaw their Tongues
Dismember
Napalm Death
Ruins of Beverast

I suggest that marines listen to no music, this way they may be able to think more clearley about exactly what they are doing.

I suggest that marines listen to no music, this way they may be able to think more clearley about exactly what they are doing.

That is exactly what the military doesn't want...

...they don't want (average) marines to be thinking clearly...

...they want crazy and effective killers.

I won't mention the music that gets me "pumped" because it will probably bore you to death...and best be listened to when not at war to be well enjoyed.

Back