Ray Luzier

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
I just got home from my local store that had a drum clinic this time with Ray Luzier who has been around the block but as of three days ago is the new Drummer for Korn. Their tour starts in Dublin in January, and a large European tour follows. Great drummer, great teacher and a down to earth guy who hasn't turned into a Hollywood freak.

And seeing how it was sponsored by Sabian I just had to buy an 18 inch HHX Evolution crash. sounds great and got a very good deal. And of course got it autographed.

Last edited:
He has that group on hold as well as his trio while he tours with Korn.

From the videos on Youtube and the Army of Anyone cd I can tell he's very well rounded, I'll have to get my hands on other records he's played on.

Yeah he did a clinic out here in Salem, Oregon the day after he got the gig with korn. I wasn't able to make it to the clinic but my teacher said it was awesome.

From the videos on Youtube and the Army of Anyone cd I can tell he's very well rounded, I'll have to get my hands on other records he's played on.

First time I saw his name was on a Darren Householder album in 1992. Then some guy named David Lee Roth used him in 1998. He's one of those cats who's got am 18 year career going, yet if you don't know who he is....

So I just performed a search for this guy, and found he didn't have his own thread, which I thought was kind of odd considering he has a drummerworld bio page, so i've decided to start one.
The guy's superb! I bought a CD by David Lee Roth recently (The DLR band) and I loved the drums. Really funky and jazzy, but played with a rock edge. It encouraged me to look into his stuff, and I bought a jazz fusion album he played on called the Hideous Sun Demons, and his double kick technique is sublime! Shame he joined Korn, but I guess it pays pretty well.
What do you guys think?

Yup, big fan of his. A little one-sided at times, but he uses what he does very well.

Also, I'm in love with his new Korn kit:
raynewkit.jpg

Ray is my fav right now. Not a huge Korn fan but Ray has proven you can hit pretty hard and still play GOOD. I just like his style.

Whoah, that's one hell of a rack! I've noticed he always has a china in that position, is that just his preference or is it a technique?

Well, according to himself, he used to have one china on each side, but broke one of them. Since his style relied on both hands having a china available, he moved the one that wasn't broken to right in front of him.

Well, according to himself, he used to have one china on each side, but broke one of them. Since his style relied on both hands having a china available, he moved the one that wasn't broken to right in front of him.

Yup.

Mind you, this happened when he was a teen, but he's kept the one china set up every since.

So I just performed a search for this guy, and found he didn't have his own thread, which I thought was kind of odd considering he has a drummerworld bio page, so i've decided to start one.

He does have a thread:
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32311&highlight=Luzier

Last edited by a moderator:
Have only seen Korn with Silveria on the throne so looking forward to seeing how Luzier goes when I see them at Soundwave 2014.
And as many have have said before me, that's a lot of "rackage" just to support one china and a mike but new kit looks awesome!

Ray is always my fav in those Bonzo Bash vids you find on youtube. Him and Joe Travers. Great showman and bad ass drummer!!

Back