Remote Speedy Hat

Open Hand

I've got a DW5000 straight hat stand, a DW5000 remote hat, and a Remote Speedy Hat.

The Remote Speedy Hat is actually quicker than even my DW5000 straight stand. It sounds like marketing BS but its not. I think it moves less weight with less friction than a straight stand.

I haven't been completely comfortable or satisfied with any setup until I centered my hats behind my snare. 2 toms to the left. 2 toms to the right. Its a game changer for sure. I spent 2 years practicing open handed playing because crossing over isn't quite right and cable remotes suck. (I'm very glad I did!)

I'm selling my DW remote on the cheap. If you don't believe in the RSH buy my DW! $100 plus shipping. virtually brand new. PM me.

All other remote hats are obsolete.

Thanks for the kind words--yet another happy Speedy Hat owner!

Yes, many agree that it's faster than a straight stand. There is less than 1/2 as much rod to put in motion with the pedal than on a straight stand (an object at rest tends to stay at rest until acted upon by an outside force). The rod glides through two plastic guides and the cable rolls over two pulleys--it's lightning fast.

Johnny Rabb and Rich Redmond are now official endorsers and there are more on the way. Larry Finn from Berklee (monster player) is the latest addition.

We're soon offering a special extra long clamp so that it can attach to a cymbal stand already in your set up--no need for an extra set of legs. That'll save a lot of weight in the hardware bag compared to a normal hi hat stand for sure.

We're soon offering a special extra long clamp so that it can attach to a cymbal stand already in your set up--no need for an extra set of legs. That'll save a lot of weight in the hardware bag compared to a normal hi hat stand for sure.

Hello Bill - very pleased to find your product and I'm very interested in purchasing. I play a double bass slave pedal and have wanted to locate my hat more at 11o'clock. I was considering a Gibraltar Ultra-Adjust but have been told to steer clear of it. All the reviews I've read for the speedy are super positive and I'm fairly sure I'll buy one.

I'd like to purchase the new clamp you mentioned as well. Will we see it advertised on the site? I'll wait for it to become available to make my purchase. Shipping to Canada is ok I assume?

Thanks!

Ian

Hi Ian! Yes we ship to Canada and should start filling all of the back orders in about a week or two. I need to update the site with the clamp pretty soon (unfortunately I can't just do it myself).

If you send me your email I can send you a picture of our custom extra long clamp that we'll be offering for a mere 39.99. It's really solid and allows you to clamp the speedy hat to a normal cymbal stand at its full height.

Hi Ian! Yes we ship to Canada and should start filling all of the back orders in about a week or two. I need to update the site with the clamp pretty soon (unfortunately I can't just do it myself).

If you send me your email I can send you a picture of our custom extra long clamp that we'll be offering for a mere 39.99. It's really solid and allows you to clamp the speedy hat to a normal cymbal stand at its full height.

Hi Bill - thx for the reply! My email is [email protected] and I will most certainly be placing an order before long. It looks sweet and in fact I've got a friend who's interested in one too. Thanks

Hey, just back from NYC where I did a clinic for their PAS chapter. What a great time in a great city!

Anyway: Speedy hats are shipping again! The back order blues are no longer. There are little improvements made to the new ones too, nothing functional, but little things that add up to increase the coolness factor.

And yes, I'll be at the Chicago Drum Show with them again this year. I love that show, it's a fun atmosphere and everybody feels like old friends. :)

Hi Bill Bachman

I'm with Billdidit (the Coady Clutch, Coady Wash Control).

We're working on a modification for a cable hat and/or an X-hat that allows a lot more playing freedom - especially for guys with really busy kits. It might make more sense from a marketing perspective to integrate this new technology directly into something like the Speedy Hat rather than introduce it as a new product. Drop me a line if you're interested in chatting about it.

Thanks!

Joe Menchefski
[email protected]

Hey, I just found out about these. Would they be good to use for secondary hats? If i put it to the right of the the main bass drum pedal (double bass pedal set up), would it fit there without touching the bass drum and could i get it positioned freely?

Yes, if you put the pedal to the right of your main bass drum pedal so that it simply reaches across underneath the floor tom. A couple guys have done that who are into the Marco Minnemann kinda` thing with double bass licks played with cymbal instead.

In case you're wanting the speedy hat pedal for your left foot and the hats all the way on the opposite side, the speedy hat is not designed for that set up. You'd have to get a normal cable for that and accept the feel for what it is.

Back