"Dude your drums sound like cardboard"

Remo made cardboard drums for years and years!

Remos’ drums are awesome. I never saw a kit tune easier or sound really good that quick. If they paired it up with really good hardware, I bet we’d see more artists take a liking to them. I had a kit back in the 80s and thought they were great. The pot metal hardware wasn’t impressive though.

Remos’ drums are awesome. I never saw a kit tune easier or sound really good that quick. If they paired it up with really good hardware, I bet we’d see more artists take a liking to them. I had a kit back in the 80s and thought they were great. The pot metal hardware wasn’t impressive though.

They were probably more in-round and had better bearing edges than the kits of that time, is my guess.

If memory serves, Acousticon shells are basically MDF. MDF will hold it's shape better than plywood, but is heavier and more delicate. It is also used in speaker boxes and countertops for it's strength and ability to hold it's shape.

Medium Density Formaldehyde.

Remo and their odd business ideas:

Marketing a drum set brand to compete with all the other drum companies that use Remo heads.

Introducing Colortone heads in all sorts of colors and styles but not in 10 mil for a bottom head that might sound good.

It's just that Ambassadors in coated and clear sound so good. I otherwise just don't understand some of these things.

It's actually Medium Density Fiberboard, not formaldehyde. MDF is wood fiber with copius amounts of wax and a resin binder. Most sheet wood does not contain formaldehyde anymore due to stringent California standards.

With that acrylic poured on it they could have used leaves, Like elephant ears.

Remos’ drums are awesome... If they paired it up with really good hardware...

I'm embarrassed to admit that I bought a used "Remo Legero 5-Piece Portable Drum Kit" on impulse.

I kept the stands and the 14" x 3.5" Mastertouch snare, but threw the rest away. The stands are okay quality and I actually like the little snare for solo practice. Not so great for playing with other people.

With that acrylic poured on it they could have used leaves, Like elephant ears.

+1

Back