Ludwig Classic Birch?

george5

Hi there !
Im looking at buying a ludwig classic birch kit.Is it a good kit? How does it compare & sound to the classic maple version? Ive never played a birch kit.

Re: LUDWIG CLASSIC BIRCH ?

If you go to the Ludwig site there is a PDF file explaining all of their drums and their sounds

Dia guit nice to see another Irish man.To be honest never played classic birch only maple but it was great you cant go wrong with ludwig like how old is it?

Dont know how old ? Maybe 2 years plus, they were discontinued.Only making maple now.

Ive seen the graphs between birch & maple,but its hard to get an idea of what the tuning comparsions are like?

Im looking for a sharp,raw sound for a bit of jazzy/rock fusion.Find maple too warm & deep,how does birch compare in this regard ?

Thanks for the input so far !

Im looking for a sharp,raw sound for a bit of jazzy/rock fusion.Find maple too warm & deep,how does birch compare in this regard ?

sounds like just what you want. Birch is less warm, with less lows and highs but more midrange and it has more of a sharper attack than maple.

Besides used I don't. think you can get Classic Birch Ludwig's anymore, At least I didn't. see anything on the website.

Bonzolead

They show them in their newest catalog. See my other post about the PDF file.

Back