Joey Jordison

Symbolic, I dare to oppose. When you're around for 40 years, and still appealing to even the younger audience well then I think the Stones DO know how to play their instruments + know how to make a hit song....but this is not the right thread.

But you got a point saying slipknot fans think they are the fastest,...and so on...
Well for all those and the ones who think morbid angel is brutal: listen VADER , not to mention NILE or CRYPTOPSY.
Now i donno which one is the fastest of them all, but the speed these last three guys do the albums: well honeslty: never heard before.
Brutality to the core, hyperagressive, hypertechinical, superhumanhyperspeed. 'specially crypotsy's "AND THEN YOU'LL BEG" album
Not into metal anymore now sold most of my cd's but the ones i liked best and the ones with the nices drumwork on i kept. Wel the cd's from these three warmachines i kept. And plz check out www.cryptopsy.net. Thén lets talk :)

Last edited:
Symbolic said:
Just because a band is big doesnt mean the musicians are talented. Look at the Rolling Stones, they have been around for 40 years and still suck at playing their instruments. They are popular because they followed the mold of how to get a hit song, and because kids attached to them to rebel against their parents. I am not saying the Joey isnt talented, he is but the clown dude and the other percussionist are just there to layer the sound, nothing else. But are they needed, no. Could Slipknot have the same sound without them, yes.

I think that real metalheads dislike Slipknot more than people who dont like metal to begin with because Slipknot has alot of fans who go around thinking Slipknot are the fastest/heaviest/brutalist metal band around and wont even recognize other metal bands than Slipknot, Metallica, Trivium etc.
slipknot must be getting SOMETHING right, so ou can't argue with their talent for making music that people enjoy, even if you don't think the extra percussionists are needed, they probably have something to do with the reason slipknot are doing so well. if they really weren't needed they really wouldn't be in the band.

Symbolic said:
Just because a band is big doesnt mean the musicians are talented. Look at the Rolling Stones, they have been around for 40 years and still suck at playing their instruments.
Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad! .

Attachments

• catbonk.gif
    catbonk.gif
    199.8 KB · Views: 504
Symbolic said:
Just because a band is big doesnt mean the musicians are talented. Look at the Rolling Stones, they have been around for 40 years and still suck at playing their instruments. They are popular because they followed the mold of how to get a hit song, and because kids attached to them to rebel against their parents. I am not saying the Joey isnt talented, he is but the clown dude and the other percussionist are just there to layer the sound, nothing else. But are they needed, no. Could Slipknot have the same sound without them, yes.

I think that real metalheads dislike Slipknot more than people who dont like metal to begin with because Slipknot has alot of fans who go around thinking Slipknot are the fastest/heaviest/brutalist metal band around and wont even recognize other metal bands than Slipknot, Metallica, Trivium etc.

Symbolic, I agree with KornSlipknot, okay, Chris and shawn arn't the most talented guys in the band, but they do have a suprising impact on Slipknot's sound, it might not be hugley noticable, but without it, Slipknot really would not be the same.

Also what you say about metalheads who like slipknot only recognise them as a good metal band, not entirely true, again true there will be newbs who will think like that, but not true for all metalheads who like slipknot, just look at KornSlipknot's member name, "Korn Slipknot" both metal bands to a certain extent, but in completely different leagues at the same time, it symbolises a wide range of musical taste, I myself, love slipknot, they are my favourite band and got me into metal, but since i have found other bands and recognise them as great metal bands, there are even bands i like who arn't even metal, even goldie lookin chain! I don't single one band out.

Joey is a very talented drummer, not neccesarily the best, but he is easily one of the best.

stagecustom said:
^^^ true, kinda of like Barker, I thought joey had background in jazz, i would love to see him play some jazz tunes
eew that would suck
he can barely play a solo as it is... he rushes like a pregnant woman to the hospital

you all have great things to say but i personally believe that joey does have many great talents he has a fast foot (which by the way he uses a dualist aka a double single pedal) his band has some good songs (i used to be a huge fan but then again i used to like linkin park, there drummer sucks a-hole) i think about four of slipknots members should be killed off, including the two extra percussionists and the dj and the sound effects guy. so that all drummers if you want to e-mail me it's [email protected] or im pudgytheclown peace

pudgytheclown said:
you all have great things to say but i personally believe that joey does have many great talents he has a fast foot (which by the way he uses a dualist aka a double single pedal) his band has some good songs (i used to be a huge fan but then again i used to like linkin park, there drummer sucks a-hole) i think about four of slipknots members should be killed off, including the two extra percussionists and the dj and the sound effects guy. so that all drummers if you want to e-mail me it's [email protected] or im pudgytheclown peace

uses a dualist! Lies! he uses pearl eliminator or tama iron cobra! have you not seen disasterpeices or any other video of joey playing for that matter. i'm sorry for having a complete outburst but, this is like that thread that some newb posted about joey using some sort of bicycle mechanism to achieve his double bass.

okay, i'll agree, joey is slightly overated, but that does not mean he connat play as well as he does, and acheive the speed on his feet that he does. i've said it once and i'll say it again, he is by no means the best metal drummer, but he is pretty dam good and definately one of the best, and is definately my favourite. there is a difference between saying someone is the best at something, and saying that they are your favourite, they don't mean the same thing.

outburst over. peace out.

insane drummer said:
I never did like Slipknot much... Joey's style gets the job done, that is about all I will say. He is a good drummer, I just don't like the style.

yea i really dont like the style that much either. Joey has talent and he is quick but i think he would get old pretty quick as a stand alone drummer. he definately fits into that style of music but i wouldnt say much more than that. Iv seen him do some cool things and i used to actually like slipknot. now the only reason i would lisiten to it is for pump up music(lacrosse games)

Joey is good and fast but he is just way to one dimensional for me

ok maybe i could be wrong about the whole dualist thing but im pretty sure that for there newest record he used a dualist for some of there songs.
p.s. i used to absessed with slipknot but i dont listen to crap music any more
p.p.s. i still think that joey isn't half bad

Joey is a good drummer. Good double bass and get the crowd going! I will say i do think his feet at times are faster than his hand speed. When he hits those blast beats he sometimes falls back from his hand speed.
I shouldnt be speaking, im not the best double bass drummer player in the world, but i do know that Joey is good, but when it comes to double bass if you guys want to see a great double bass drum player check out the drummer from "Morbid Angel". Not my type of music but faster than hell of a double bass player.

adrian said:
eew that would suck
he can barely play a solo as it is... he rushes like a pregnant woman to the hospital
what the hell?

he doesn't rush. he plays fast. there is a difference.

Symbolic said:
^ You have not seen what Joey has done outside of Slipknot then.

I agree. Joey does use a lot of double base, but that is only becuase he is playing in a band that is very agressive and fast. You are not going to play a slow skillfull jazz beat, to a song that is full of crushing heavy guitar.

In other words he isnt playing to be a noticed drummer, he plays for Slipknot, and hes drumming style in Slipknot is the best for the band.

You are not going to play a slow skillfull jazz beat, to a song that is full of crushing heavy guitar.
Yes, but the thing is, it's mostly staight 16ths. I they might have 2 songs in 12/8. There isn't much variation and dynamic in his playing.

I have never been a fan of slipknot mainly because I am not in to heavy metal music (tool and pantera is as heavy i can take)

Joey is very overrated. Sure he is living the dream of playing drums for the rest of his life and thats cool. He just got lucky and became in a popular band (same with barker)

Joey is not my style of music so Im not going to bash on him becasue i really never hered much of him. But from what i did hear he is not to impressive, nothing to other rock drummers like, Bonzo, Portnoy, Carey

Back