Another life appreciation story...

Lee-Bro

We've all heard it before: You never know what someone else is going through. Friday night, my band experienced the reality of that. It turned an average club gig into one of my favorite shows of all time.

We played a show and there three women who sat right up front and danced all night long. They stayed the entire night, from the first song to our encore song. They laughed, clapped, danced, and got down the entire time. We thanked each of them and were flattered by their compliments.

One of the women is moving to Florida in a few weeks, one was celebrating her birthday, and the third just found out she has a brain tumor. It may very well be one of the last times she ever gets to go out dancing. And she spent it with us.

With the recent health issues members here have had and finding out about this woman, it made the drive home and the rest of the weekend very special. I did laundry, I worked on stuff around the house, I had some bourbon...all things I take for granted. But doing them this time had a somber, yet highly appreciative vibe. I think it may have been the first time I've ever smiled while folding laundry.

A wonderful story. It sounds like you touched her life with music and she touched your's with her situation.
You never know where taking up the drums will lead you or who it will allow you to meet!

Beautiful yet simple story. Some lesson to live.

Life is amazing and beautiful. Take every second for the gift it is and learn from the seconds you don't particularly enjoy.

Slow down. Do as many new things as you can. Go new places, meet new people, try new things. Do not let life get to be a monotony or you will wake up one day and find you've lost a huge fraction of what you get.

ABOVE ALL. Help others so that they can experience more love, joy and gratitude that often gets passed on down the line. Look outward more than you look inward. The happiest I have ever felt is when I've helped someone through something without any direct reward.

==This concludes Dr Watso's life tips for a rewarding physical existence.

Gratitude. As time goes on, the more I learn to be grateful for every moment.

Thanks for relating that touching story.

Great comments and sentiments. I agree with the gratitude too. I guess in my 40s it struck me how many people in my life who had impacted me-all those experiences some Good, Bad, and Ugly impacted me (and strange how some of the bad and ugly ended up having good outcomes). I started thinking of childhood and all through life different people had an impact on me. I have thanked many of them over the years. I try to do the same as they did-cause I realize often simple things can impact people in ways we don't realize.

And this drives things home even more: I just found out about 30 minutes ago that a childhood and high school friend passed away this morning from cancer. He was 46. Way too young.

It is true each day is a gift.

This forum has certainly been a bit gut wrenching lately. The ladies couldn’t have had a better attitude, especially the one with a tumor. I currently have a family member in their final stages of cancer. It’s been 4 years since their diagnosis and they haven’t chosen to live one day. No dancing, trips, giving back, nothing. Just waiting to die.

Glad the ladies were out tearing it up. Great of them to share and a good lesson there...

Sorry to hear about your friend Lee. Every day is indeed a gift.

Leave it to the women to show us guys how to best handle situations like these.

That's some brave women right there.

Life is amazing and beautiful. Take every second for the gift it is and learn from the seconds you don't particularly enjoy.

Slow down. Do as many new things as you can. Go new places, meet new people, try new things. Do not let life get to be a monotony or you will wake up one day and find you've lost a huge fraction of what you get.

ABOVE ALL. Help others so that they can experience more love, joy and gratitude that often gets passed on down the line. Look outward more than you look inward. The happiest I have ever felt is when I've helped someone through something without any direct reward.

==This concludes Dr Watso's life tips for a rewarding physical existence.

Don't forget to add another thing. Turn off that screen and GO LIVE YOUR LIFE instead of frittering it away watching someone else's.

Technology is great as a tool but now it's seems we are the tools hooked on technology. I am too. Seems like everything I enjoy has gotten more complicated with all kinds of new gadgets, clothing, new stuff I never had a need before but can't live without now, need I go on.... I always wanted to be a wildlife biologist, marine biologist, or ecologist something outdoors-I spent all my youth in outdoors in woods, swamps, and Gulf of Mexico, but all my education I spent more time in rooms with no windows filled with caustic chemicals. It slowly kills you when use to nature-something about water has always been soothing to my soul.

Back