Grooves in 13

Nice. I was at work in my office and I turned up the speakers because he was talking so softly.

Wait? There isn't a 13/8 is there? Oh I get it- it's 12/8 a little slow and drags to 13-apparently like me. Actually I remember this song we did from a theatrical production had a song with 13/8-it was some Andrew Lloyd Weber song. So is there a thread with weird time signatures-everyone always says Take Five, but good golly there has to be a bunch. Whipping post of Allman brothers starts off in 11/4. So I Googled it and there is a Wikipedia article and there are plenty of 13/8 songs-and it was a Cats song we did I see, as well as up to between 40 and 49/4-good grief I had no idea.

[edit]
"The Becoming" by Nine Inch Nails. Begins in a 13
8 time signature and changes to 6
8 at the 3-minute mark.[130]
"I Will Be Absorbed", by Egg.[129]
"One Word" by Mahavishnu Orchestra has a section in 13
8 after the drum solo (just over eight and a half minutes in).[131]
A próle do bébé No. 2, by Heitor Villa-Lobos. A measure in the fourth movement, "O cachorrinho de borracha", is in 13
8, divided into 6
8 or 3
4, and 7
8. Two measures in the ninth movement, "O lobozinho de vidro", are also in 13
16.[132]
"Serenade", a wedding recessional by Derek Bourgeois. The middle section is in 13
8.[124][125]
"Skimbleshanks" from Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical Cats. Introduction and chorus are in 13
8 (3+3+3+4). Verses in 4
4.[133]
Sonata No. 1, by Kaikhosru Shapurji Sorabji. One of the bars is in 13
8.[71]
De Staat by Louis Andriessen. Bars 356 and 517 are in 13
4, while bar 724 is in 13
8.[128]
"13th August" by FromUz (13
8).[134]
"Turn It on Again" by Genesis. The verses and choruses are in 13
8. Other parts are in 8
8, and 5
8.[135]

Last edited:
sounds more like someone is defensive about not being able to groove 13....sad video calling for the dumming down of ability...know when to NOT groove in 13...but keep your tools handy for when they are needed.

Un-inspiring arrogant b.s. in my opinion.

while your at it, why learn anything you wont need every day.

That guy really came off as a female heigene product.

sorry...im getting sick of mediocrity being called brilliance in this politically correct world of greed and selfishness just so we can say we have a more positive attitude than anyone else in the name of self marketing.

sounds more like someone is defensive about not being able to groove 13....sad video calling for the dumming down of ability...know when to NOT groove in 13...but keep your tools handy for when they are needed.

Un-inspiring arrogant b.s. in my opinion.

while your at it, why learn anything you wont need every day.

That guy really came off as a female heigene product.

sorry...im getting sick of mediocrity being called brilliance in this politically correct world of greed and selfishness just so we can say we have a more positive attitude than anyone else in the name of self marketing.

Somebody seems to taking things just a teeny tiny bit seriously.

Back