Drummer Vs. Vocalist: Who Can Easily Win A Girl?

It's a cliche that I'm asking this question, but I heard one of my cousin's conversation with her friend. They are arguing about someone in a band. I know that vocalists are the center of attention when it comes to most band members. But do drummers have a chance to easily win a girl?

JMO,

It's not what you play, it's your personal charisma that is the real factor.

That said, all things being equal, the vocalist usually has the best chance with the hot superficial women. I wouldn't want the type of gal who is attracted to the lead vocalist anyway. Longer than one night that is :)

What a dog statement! Bark bark.

JMO,

It's not what you play, it's your personal charisma that is the real factor.

That said, all things being equal, the vocalist usually has the best chance with the hot superficial women. I wouldn't want the type of gal who is attracted to the lead vocalist anyway. Longer than one night that is :)

What a dog statement! Bark bark.

"Who can win the girl". I agree with Larry personal charisma and develop a relationship. Then I join the pack with this observation. Now if you're a lounge lizard looking for a one night stand then I wager you could use either ploy and succeed-because it really isn't about you being a great vocalist or drummer-just you're so full of yourself you believe it and women find that much confidence-no matter how ill founded-attractive.
Go figure LOL. Woof, woof, woof

It's all about the singer. Two prime examples:

Mick Jagger
Ric Ocasek (The Cars)

Two arguably ugly dudes, but look at the women they've scored.

The one with the Masters degree in science who speaks three languages, reads, writes and composes music and is almost as intelligent and educated as "the girl" in question.

Sorry, what century are we in, again?

I've never had problems myself. Married for coming up on 17 years. Granted, she didn't know I play drums when we met...

I do attract women, but it's not the way it appears. I tend to meet (not very good) singers that want to be in a working band. They may think that because I play in bands that I can help them into a band. I have called some of these ladies when our regular singer could not make a gig. The problem with most of these ladies is that they are not very good singers, they don't work on their voice enough, sing scales or vocal exercises, or learn the lyrics. So they have a hard time getting regular gigs.

The one with the Masters degree in science who speaks three languages, reads, writes and composes music and is almost as intelligent and educated as "the girl" in question.

Sorry, what century are we in, again?

Ha, ha,ha. I don't think the male in question would ever be as intelligent as "the girl" -even with the MS, three languages and music skills. I know it's suppose to be a secret that women have the superior intellect and 'you girls" just let us egocentric delusional males think we are "smart". I've been married 32 years so I figured out long ago she had always been throwing me a bone. Hey I had a MS when I met my wife but I barely speak one language, my music skills or so so, and despite her superior intellect she chose me-just shows you even really smart people have bad judgment and screw up. We actually fell in love on our first date-we skipped a class, went to eat lunch, talked and found a lasting bond. My friends ask me did I pay her to marry me-nope. Then they ask how do I feel being married to a women with superior intellect. I'm like "What??". Males ask some of the silliest and idiotic questions-the reason my wife didn't marry them.

When I started playing again about 5 years, some of my non-musician friends were like, "You'll get so many groupies!" At this age, I don't care about groupies. I want roadies.

Regardless of the gender, when someone is chatting with me after a gig and I'm trying to load out, I say, "Hey, I want to keep chatting with you. Grab those two bags would you?"

Keith Moon stole Rod Stewart's girl away in the mid 60s and married her, so I guess that settles that one. However by the time you've broken down your kit and loaded up, the singer's already got the chick since all he has is his damn mic to take away.

just shows you even really smart people have bad judgment and screw up.

Yep, you've nailed Mr Madge in one! Actually, he only married me because I was the first woman he'd ever met who was shorter than him. Worked for us!

I don't care about groupies. I want roadies.

Regardless of the gender, when someone is chatting with me after a gig and I'm trying to load out, I say, "Hey, I want to keep chatting with you. Grab those two bags would you?"

That is a brilliant idea and one that I shall steal shamelessly. Thank you.

Haha, Andy you win! Your girls should be arriving soon...

Obviously, the OP has never been married.

Be careful what you wish for lol.

The girls never ask me to go to the bedroom with them, they just ask if I have extra sticks laying around. :(

It's all about the singer. Two prime examples:

Mick Jagger
Ric Ocasek (The Cars)

Two arguably ugly dudes, but look at the women they've scored.

Charlie Watts on the other hand has stayed married.

What is the real goal here?

Back