Songs with Trumpet as an accent

Macarina

Silver Member
Folks, looking for help here from the music masses here.
I'm interested in songs that have trumpet(s), that add a little something to the song. Not featured, but add some nice touches to the song.

For example...
Camila Cabello: Havana
The Waterboys: Don't Bang The Drum (Trumpet intro)
Pet Shop Boys: West End Girls

I'd like to keep it to Trumpet... not so much Sax, cause there is a ton of that.
And not interested in Chicago or Earth Wind & Fire. Great bands, just not hitting over the head type of trumpet.

Thanks folks.
Mac

A really innovative, groovy band I've been into for the past few months is Jenny and the Mexicats. The lead singer is a trained jazz trumpet player, fronting a band that is thick with Latin grooves. Really fun to listen to. Their YouTube channel is right here.

The band Cake utilized trumpet quite a bit here’s a couple.
Cake “Going the Distance”
Cake “Frank Sinatra”

No Doubt “Spider Webs”

Chili Peppers.

Flea plays trumpet on Pretty Little Ditty, Tear, Hump de Bump. I know there's more but that's all I've got off the top of my head.

Chili Peppers.

Flea plays trumpet on Pretty Little Ditty, Tear, Hump de Bump. I know there's more but that's all I've got off the top of my head.

Just an aside, Flea was in the California Jr. Philharmonic Orchestra with me back in the late-'70s. I recall he was third trumpet, last chair. He was a little strange, but not over the top. He returned as a celebrity conductor several years ago, dressed in full tux.

Bermuda

No Doubt had lots of trumpet on their self title.
Date Rape by Sublime
I believe the Mighty Mighty Bosstones used trumpet quite a bit.
Hell, the whole ska-punk genre is pretty littered with horns. I'm sure you could find a ton of trumpet within.

I know there are some Tower of Power songs with heavy duty trumpet- can’t think of a single song at present but I’m blanking. Steely Dan Royal Scam has a trumpet solo near end I think. Been listening to a lot of Dan these past months. Any brass sounds great in any band context- I love it. Lots of jazz comes to mind.

Just an aside, Flea was in the California Jr. Philharmonic Orchestra with me back in the late-'70s. I recall he was third trumpet, last chair. He was a little strange, but not over the top. He returned as a celebrity conductor several years ago, dressed in full tux.

Bermuda

COOL BERMUDA!! Thanks for the interesting lil tidbit!!!

Johnny Cash Ring of Fire

Paul Simon You Can Call Me Al

A really innovative, groovy band I've been into for the past few months is Jenny and the Mexicats. The lead singer is a trained jazz trumpet player, fronting a band that is thick with Latin grooves. Really fun to listen to. Their YouTube channel is right here.

Exactly what I thought of from the thread title. I stumbled upon their NPR Tiny Desk Concert, loved their sound.

Al, you wonderful man, my wife is gonna go nuts for this band.

I can think of 2 songs:

Delilah by Tom Jones and Conquest by The White Stripes.

There's always "Take Me to the Other Side" and "Dude Looks Like a :ady" by Aerosmith.

Back