The Perils Of Getting Wasted Before You Play

Dang it, I should have known someone was taking video at that gig! I'll never drink that much again!

I played a friends 18th birthday once in their back garden.
Got hammered, embarrassing to say the least. Lost my drum sticks in a nearby bush at one point.
Luckily the rest of the guys I was playing with were just as bad and there were 2 others bands to save the night.
Never drank before a set again!

I've left a band because a player liked to have too many before hitting stage.

Just not appropriate.

I'm pretty sure about every band and their members were "wasted" most if not all the 70s (except Ted Nugent LOL). And if they lived most kept going into the 80s. But since most of the audience was also wasted it was a match made in heaven. I'm just thankful I don't stutter and have that blank look like Ozzie or look pickled like Keith Richards. I guess all music has had it chemical dependence issues through history.

This goes back to What is a Professional. You are the entertainment, not the alcohol testers. Very unprofessional

This goes back to What is a Professional. You are the entertainment, not the alcohol testers. Very unprofessional

Absolutely-a physician friend of mine got in a lot of trouble for drinking and then arriving to perform a surgery. "This person" was a faculty at an academic center and had taken visiting professors to dinner-where all had drinks. Didn't realize how inebriated and then some time later showed up to operate. See that's the thing with alcohol-you don't have to be staggering drunk to be impaired. Now to be fair this is really unlike this person-who is of good character-has kids good parent, etc, and usually good judgement-just didn't realize how impaired and thought enough time passed and was fine. Was called on it before surgery then hell to pay to say the least. I can't cast stones with bad judgment and alcohol.

I was at the Who concert San Francisco when Moon passed out....twice!! November 22nd 1973 if memory serves me well. Which at times it doesn't. I was in line to play the drums when Townshend asked for someone to fill in, but the first guy in line (don't remember his name at the moment) got to sit behind the kit.

I was at the Who concert San Francisco when Moon passed out....twice!! November 22nd 1973 if memory serves me well. Which at times it doesn't. I was in line to play the drums when Townshend asked for someone to fill in, but the first guy in line (don't remember his name at the moment) got to sit behind the kit.

This is a great story. Fits the times well. I guess if Nichols fill in for Beatles experience is any measure you should count your blessings LOL.

I will never understand why people drink at all.... but to each their own :)

Good old Jamie :) Last time he saw me play I was rather smashed at The Crew :)

Back