Replacing Rubber Pads on Roland

Souljacker

Silver Member
Does anyone know if the rubber pads can be replaced on the Roland TD9 with alternative brands?

I'm looking for mesh heads as I dislike the rubber pads but the Roland mesh pads are really expensive. Are there other brands that have cheaper mesh pads that actually work as a direct replacement for the roland rubber pads?

You should be fine,but considder that you will most likley end up having to tweak settings in the brain to get the pads to trigger correctly.

I beleve YAMAHA pads are wired the opposite way, at least I think i remeber something about that.

I know Hart Dynamics has the settings figured out for thier drums on the various roland brains.

Don't know if Hart Dynamics are available where I live.

How about Alesis pads maybe? Anyone know anything about them?

Or even if they were cheap mesh heads of any generic brand that worked fine with the rolands settings.

If cost is an issue and you are a bit handy then I have a suggestion.

Go to http://vdrums.com and search around specifically in the DIY area.

I didn't spend much time there but I'm positive others have posted solutions to building your own triggers.

Does anyone know if the rubber pads can be replaced on the Roland TD9 with alternative brands?

I'm looking for mesh heads as I dislike the rubber pads but the Roland mesh pads are really expensive. Are there other brands that have cheaper mesh pads that actually work as a direct replacement for the roland rubber pads?

You're fine with almost any piezo based trigger... There are tons of settings in the modules to work out any x-talk or sensitivity problems. As already stated, go to vdrums.com for more help.

Back