Beatboxing

intooder

It's something I've always been intrigued by and is closely related to drumming. I've never really tried it, besides trying to vocalize a groove to a fellow musician.

It seems to require the performer to possess a strong sense of time, internal rhythm and the ability to rap.

Share your favorite clips and your opinion on it.

It's something I've always been intrigued by and is closely related to drumming. I've never really tried it, besides trying to vocalize a groove to a fellow musician.

It seems to require the performer to possess a strong sense of time, internal rhythm and the ability to rap.

Share your favorite clips and your opinion on it.

I don't know much a bout the music biz application of beat-boxing, but I thing in general sense most drummers can vocalize drum sounds. I particularly good at it ( its so hard to be humble...). Its a fun thing to do and I've done a lot of it on many recordings, in bit and pieces.

For me though, its greatest application is to vocalize stuff I'm trying to do on the kit, and use it as a practice tool. Works great.

I too have enjoyed listening to beatboxers but I can't do it. My mouth doesn't have that type of coordination. Maybe I just never tried hard enough.

I can do very simple beats with my pie-hole. It's quite fun really. Maybe i should do a little recording of it ;).

Actually, yes.. I can do simple snare, bassdrum and hi-hat sounds but I wouldn't consider myself a beatboxer in any sense of the definition.

You should do some recording. I know that Intooder wants people to respond with recordings and I would like to hear them as well. This thread could take off and be alot of fun.

Back