The "Drum Workout"

deltdrum

I've mentioned the fact that I'm a big motocross before. One of the BIGGEST training options that racers use is the rowing machine.

I've been out of the sport for a while now (torn meniscus/LCL), but just started getting back into working out with the "Concept 3 Rowing Machine". I've been spending time on it about 3 times a week for about 2 months now, and have been shocked at how it helped my drumming.

It has improved my ability to maintain posture, endurance, and balance (I have a tiny drum throne and used to get off balance a bit).

Do many of you feel that working out has THAT much of a benefit on your drumming? I mean, played fine for years, but I just feel like I'm more "planted" behind the drumset nowadays.

i was thinking of this the other day.

I recently got back into a good routine with the gym doing cardio, weights, swimming, and a bit of time spent in the saunas and steams rooms too ;-), i was quite amazed at how much more alert i feel and i have tons more energy which has only benefited me on the drums. Not really any specific workout though :)

Im not fat or anything but i just got a little lazy with the exercise. Glad i got back into it.

Back