Eric Singer

Major KISS fan here - Eric is by FAR my favorite KISS drummer. LOVE Sonic Boom.

I am with all of you! Eric Singer is a great drummer, who plays for the song with feel. Besides, he has added value to the drumming world.

After the untimely passing of the great Eric Carr, I remember the first time I listened to Revenge and I thought to myself, "Yeah, KISS is going to be alright. This new drummer rocks!"
Eric Singer has done an excellent job behind the kit of "the hottest band in the world".

Eric also has one of the best and most sought after signature snare drums on the planet, thanks to Pearl.

Eric is great! Can imagine playing with groups like Alice, KISS, etc.? And not only is he a great drummer, he's entertaining to watch as well. I know on the KISS Rock the Nation DVD, and there's an option where you can watch each member individually the whole show, and Eric is quite the showman.

I love Eric Singer's feel. I thought the same about KISS when Singer came in, but they were also making more of a heavy feel with "Revenge" than they'd been with Eric Carr.

Carr was with them on KISS' "let's party cuz it's the 80's" phase, continuing into the 90's.

"Revenge" was KISS trying to remain relevant by become heavy. It worked and the songs were pretty cool.

The main difference between him and Carr is the production of the drum sounds. Singer's are far heavier sounding.

The best showcase for him in KISS is the "Carnival Of Souls: The Final Sessions Album". I like the songs on that one quite a bit. Far darker than I would have ever expected KISS to get.

Back