Double bass and hi hat question

Hi guys, just a quick question, if i am getting a double bass pedal, do i need to have a 2 legged hi hat stand? or can i keep my 3 legged one? Thanks!

if the 3 leg swivels then you can use it depends on the room between the leg and pedal wheter you can keep it there

You should read my post. If you have the money I would go with a 2 leg stand. I have a DW5000 3 leg that does swivel but still gets in the way. I got tired of kicking the leg when I switched. It was fine for single bass but not for double.

Like other members have said if you have a 3-legged stand that swivels you can definitely get away with it. I use a Tama Roadpro stand and that's what I do. 2-legged could definitely allow for more freedom of movement but I've heard they're not quite as stable as a 3-legged stand. Either way, let us know how it goes

Well my 2 leg stand came today. It's not a fair comparison to my 5000 3 leg stand though. The 8000 is a lot smoother than my 5000 was. As far as the legs go I must say that the 2 leg stand is exactly what I was looking for as far as mobility between pedals. It is just as stable as the 3 leg after you play around with it. Instead of just opening up the legs and being stable you have to play around with the footboard angle and the placement of the legs. I give the DW 8000 2 legger 2 thumbs up. Now I need to do something with my 3 leg stand.

if you have a 3 legged hihat stand, and cant afford a 2 legged one, just fold up the legs and put it next to the slave pedal. simple as that. all it needs is a possible clamp to hold it.

I own a tama roadpro too, and I can't see how the leg would get in the way.
I don't have a problem with this, seems others do. If you have good control with your left leg you shouldn't be missing the target switching from slave to hihat pedal and vice versa.

Back