Does anybody remember Jeff Indyke?

I haven't been a member here long enough to know his supposed antics around here, but I have seen a couple of his videos surfing around on Youtube. I actually like his feel a lot. But he does seem a bit eccentric.

Haaa! Jeff is hilarious. I've watched him on drum forums over the past 7 years... AWESOME.

He's not a good player or teacher, but you have to admire his courage to be himself and to keep his thing going.

Glad I saw this thread, I haven't thought about that guy in years..

I haven't been a member here long enough to know his supposed antics around here, but I have seen a couple of his videos surfing around on Youtube. I actually like his feel a lot. But he does seem a bit eccentric.

The problem with his feel is that it's the same for every song and he quotes 15 drummers as having used it.

I think he's entertaining - for a while anyway - my kids get a kick out of him. He needs to get a headset.

He said he doesn't use a headset because he has a habit of humming, or singing when he plays.

These videos are proof that the internet has allowed anyone to be published without proving the worthiness of the post.

Wow. A whole forum on Jeff Indyke. A lot of negative comments made here. Jeff Indyke is a unique and well versed drummer. He is talented, ambitious and a great human being (he taught my son who joined a great band, thanks to Jeff's great teaching methods). Jeff has created programs for seniors and healthcare institutions, has done drum showcases and is present on the web and local NY cable tv. He also has a great new website. For those of you with an ear for talent and and who can appreciate uniqueness, way to go, Jeff!

Wow. A whole forum on Jeff Indyke. A lot of negative comments made here. Jeff Indyke is a unique and well versed drummer. He is talented, ambitious and a great human being (he taught my son who joined a great band, thanks to Jeff's great teaching methods). Jeff has created programs for seniors and healthcare institutions, has done drum showcases and is present on the web and local NY cable tv. He also has a great new website. For those of you with an ear for talent and and who can appreciate uniqueness, way to go, Jeff!

Welcome to the forum, Jeff.

JI and WJ are two great examples of musicians that remind us that we take this avocation WAY too seriously.

@JIFan -- As a rule of thumb, I never revive a thread that's older than that leftover turkey drumstick tuppeware'd in the back of my freezer. I'd like to think it's from last thanksgiving... but I know in my heart I'm wrong.

I'm in need of some comedy gold.

Might put some of these vids on for old times sake :)

That guy's voice makes me want to punch him.

chuckpunch1.gif

Back