Drumming cartoons

Oh yeah! I love it! That's totally me... Absolutely awesome!
Beautiful work! My girlfriend also loves it! I'm using it for my avatar.

GD, it's the only one so far where I let the subject remain good-looking (apart from green skin, flat head and bolt).

Glad you like it, Philly! It was funny ... as the pic developed you got bigger and bigger and the kit got smaller and smaller ...

Super cute toon, Jason! Love the panda :)

Inspired by another thread:

yarts_drum-machine.jpg

This style is a lot easier than a caricature but, Philly, at least the ideas are finally starting to flow again which is a good sign. It's been a long dry spell!
That's awesome!!!

twenty

Will you make one for me, Polly?

I have some pics on myspace where I look like a $10 whore. But everyone knows I charge $20. LOL

Thanks Ian. I felt it kind of captures today's situation for drummers.

I don't think I've told anyone here this but I can do an almost perfect dalek impression - all I need is a fan (that goes in circles, not an admirer). EX-TER-MIN-AT-E! EX-TER-MIN-AT-E! It may be my greatest gift in this life.

Sure Monica, but that's only one photo. I tried to look at the gig vid but you've removed it. That would be perfect!

Ms.Polly, another one for you. I hope you like it! a bit difficult to guess who?...:)

Attachments

• ringo_starr_thumb.jpg
    ringo_starr_thumb.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,413
Thanks Abe. Funny that Philly's is popular. Artistically I feel that GD's and Mike's had fancier "chops" but there ya go.

Given KIS's ability to come up with good cartoon ideas, I had no choice but to do this - just a quickie photo montage of a UFI (unidentified Flying Istanbul).

Here's the soundtrack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0dEUXS7bE

Attachments

• fying-the-lunar-line.jpg
    fying-the-lunar-line.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 545
You're a very good cartoonist Polly, I got a good laugh out of your Elvis

Ten points for all who can point out the funny things with this "cartoon"

Tom angles! :)

Hahahaha, only just seen this Pol. Nice one. Stan's legs are dangling like rivets. I'd imagine the view from below would be "something from another planet".

Hehehe ... that could explain the light shining from the bottom of the craft (ahem). I was thinking he might be in the lotus position, meditating on the relationship between the 2nd drum line and syncopation ...

Andy, that's two 'toons "by you" ... Bernhard/Steve and now Stan. You seem to be good at this so if you have any more bright ideas, pass em on :)

I have a rough idea banging around in my head about a metal drummer playing a restaurant but the idea isn't fully formed yet.

Last edited:
Thanks Abe. Funny that Philly's is popular. Artistically I feel that GD's and Mike's had fancier "chops" but there ya go.

Given KIS's ability to come up with good cartoon ideas, I had no choice but to do this - just a quickie photo montage of a UFI (unidentified Flying Istanbul).

Here's the soundtrack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0dEUXS7bE

Polly you've really outdone yourself :}

What a hoot and ties in to my astronomy hobby brilliantly too!

Attachments

• fying-the-lunar-line.jpg
    fying-the-lunar-line.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 505
Tom angles! :)

Andy, that's two 'toons "by you" ... Bernhard/Steve and now Stan. You seem to be good at this so if you have any more bright ideas, pass em on :)

I have a rough idea banging around in my head about a metal drummer playing a restaurant but the idea isn't fully formed yet.

I like the metal drummer in a restaurant idea, perhaps even emerging from an elevator complete with elevator music background. Oooooh, the frustration. Larry and I discussed a superb toon idea, but the mods would jump all over us!

I'll try to think of a few mad ones. Come to think of it,

Stan judging a WFD competition between Matt & Tim with "steam" blasting out of his ears. Tim says to matt "it's those sticks holding you back", Matt to Tim "no, it's your hair".

Grunt judging a BEST ever top 10 drummer & BEST ever top 10 kit combo competition and Gretch don't make the grade.

DMC at check in getting charged $1,000,000 excess baggage on his ironwood kit. "but Mr. Conga, a 747 can only take 60 tonnes".

Wy receiving a "snare tax" invoice from Kevin Rudd.

I'll engage brain after my second coffee.

Back