Need Help finding a part for SVdrums

racer52

I just joined this forum and hope that you may help me in locating a part I need for an 'SVdrums' kit.

I picked up this SVdrums kit from craigslist here in the USA. It is an interesting kit with cast hoops on the snare drum, and
cast tom iso-mounts. the main part of the bass drum legs are also cast.
The tom riser unit is similar in concept to the DW9900. The tom riser tube does not extend into the base drum, instead it telescopes into itself.
It fits into a receiver that can be moved in a track. This allows the tom rack to slide forward or back and then be clamped in place.
I had not seen this prior to seeing these drums - then I found out about the DW part. This whole drum kit cost me about what the DW 9900BD tom mount lists for. So I am good with needing to replace a missing part.

I have a somewhat matching 16x16 Ludwig floor tom to fill out the kit. So I plan to keep this as a practice and easy transport kit for the few times I might need to go out to play.

see pics here:
www.photobucket.com/svdrums

It is missing a small part for the tom riser mount on the bass drum.

the tom riser tube has a memory lock clamp that registers in the slot that is 90 degrees from the wingbolt.
It seems that there needs to be a piece that the bolt presses on and,in turn, that piece will press against the riser tube thereby holding in a clamped position.

My search has found a shop in Spain that sells one drum kit with the name SVdrums under a sub heading for a brand called "Silverian". However that kit does not look like mine.
Yesterday evening I sent them an e-mail in English with a copy from a Spanish translation program. I have not heard from them yet - but it is the holidays.

I did find an expired 'for sale' ad in a Spanish second hand listings that showed this same set in a different finish.
The ad was about two years old and listed the used drums at about 800 Euros.

That is pretty much all I know about these drums. I would like to know more as well as find the missing part.

here is a picture of the tom mount with the riser tube removed.
SVDrums5.jpg

As purchased:

SVDrums.jpg

I have searched the internet with very little success in finding the manufacturer or a retailer that can help me.
I hope to find a parts diagram, or someone that can help me locate someone that can help me with what I need.

Drop me a line if you have any ideas or info that might help.

so you need a small piece of curved metal to fit in the slot?

you can get a piece of 1" EMT at home depot and cut it with a hack saw. not perfect but it will work.

so you need a small piece of curved metal to fit in the slot?

you can get a piece of 1" EMT at home depot and cut it with a hack saw. not perfect but it will work.

thanks for the tip - As DiY is something I am fond of... I do, in fact, plan to make some sort of DiY part to get by with until I find the original part.

I want the original part as I suspect that it will be chromed, and keyed to fit the slot and have a wrap around tab that will hold it from coming out (as long as the wing bolt is not removed)

Thanks for the bump :)

any one know anything about these?

Back