iron cobras

D

drumfreak1987

y'all i just gotta say…. what a spectacular piece of hardware, huh? i've had my rolling glide single for ten years, got it at age 14. bought it new, the display model so i talked them down to $170. gotta love japanese goods! perfect balance of form and function, quality and affordability. i can't remember the last time i changed the spring, or if i have at all!! and i play regularly with variety (ie: places, genres, dynamic levels, tempos, etc)… the only thing i remember changing was the factory-issue beater, i use the vater vintage bomber and gibraltar self-aligning beaters. i like more weight behind the point of impact. man… it's just an incredible materialization of ingenuity and vision!!!

feel free to indulge us with the reasons why you love your pedals too!

Yes, I've been very happy with mine. I have a first gen and second gen set of lefty double pedals. The first gens still work great! I use them on my practice kit.

I don't own ICs. I have a cheap mapex pedal that came in a hardware pack. It works for now. But i have tried Iron Cobras in the store and they seem well built and well priced. If my pedal breaks or I decide to upgrade, iron cobras would be on the top of my list as a replacement.

I love my Iron Cobras too. I've got the Flexi single. The only thing I would trade it with is the Speed Cobra. It´s even more amazing :) Great speed, power, fluidity.

I have the Power Glide pedals, both double and single, and I really like the feeling of the Flexi Glide. I'll probably be picking one up in the very near future. I also have the Yamaha strap drive, which is convertible to a chain drive and always have the strap on it.

Dennis

Back