Your Shameful Music

Steel, Steely Dan has no place on a shameful music thread, even prefaced with "Not really shameful" ...

I have dome daggy old instrumentals in my collection ... Baby Elephant Walk, Telstar, Sacha ...

I also have:

ABBA's Money Money Money

Anastacia's I'm Outta Love

The Bangles's Walk Like an Egyptian

Barry Manilow - Copacabana

Bette Midler - You Don't Own Me

Billy Joel - Zanzibar (Liberty's drumming is killer)

Brian Ferry - Let's Stick Together

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax

George Michael - Faith

The Carpenters - various songs

Spandau Ballet - Chant No 1

The Babys - Isn't It Time

Wham - Careless Whisper

These songs go nicely with my almost complete collection of King Crimson (including Giles Giles & Fripp and unreleased live performances before their debut album) ... plus heaps of Captain Beefheart, Uncle Frank, Henry Cow ...

Steel, Steely Dan has no place on a shameful music thread, even prefaced with "Not really shameful" ...

...Billy Joel - Zanzibar (Liberty's drumming is killer)

And neither does anything by Billy Joel, Pol. :p

I love Earth, Wind & Fire. In fact, I saw somewhere they were gonna rerun Soul Train.

I like all of this music and I'll admit it if someone asks (Aside from Lady Gaga, I like her as an artist and what she's doing, but I can't get into her music.), but I'd never preemptively tell someone.

Alanis Morrisette, Blink 182, Brand New, The Star Wars soundtracks, Lady Gaga, Marvin Gaye, Paramore, Regina Spektor, Metric, Tegan & Sara, and The 5,6,7,8's.

hehe yea. Marvin Gaye raises eyebrows when people look through my iPod too. But I only have one song, "Night time in the city" or whatever its called. that song rocks.

Everyone knows me a strict prog-metal fanboy...but, I do like some indie bands like Modest Mouse, Death Cab for Cutie, and the Hush Now (local). I also have a My Chemical Romance song that I like, it's an older one.

Back