The many uses of an old electric set

KSEfan

I have an old electric set i dont get to play much. Didnt have much to do with it after i got my acoustic kit. I took a look at it the other day, and was suprised at all the uses i now have for it. The kit is set up on a solid support drum rack, which im more than happy to put to use on my acoustic kit. Turns out the things that hold the tom pads on the rack are clamps and L arms, which fit perfectly on my rack toms, so i cant mount them on the rack rather than on the annoying single tom arm mounted in the bass drum. It actually has 5 clamps and L arms, and i only have 2 toms, so if i ever get more in the future, ill have enough mounts. The cymbal arms mounted on the rack have felts attached, and if you remove the cymbal pad, those arms can hold real cymbals normally. I can add some splashes or maybe a small crash on these, eliminating the need for stands taking up floor space. I also had a broken double bass pedal i was able to fix, and i now have it attached to the bass drum trigger for use as a silent and efficient practice pad so i can work on my double bass. Its funny how something you dont really use, can suddenly become much more useful once you look at it.

Done this too..mostly used some parts for an upgrade to Roland..used extra crash..also use the bass as a practice pad..

Back