DW 8002b!!!!!

Not sure, google search didn't really turn up anything on it.

I'd call your local drum shop and see if they can give you any info on a release date.

Hey fellas, the 8002b has been released but they are hard to find because for some odd reason a few dealers (namely guitarcenter) decided to discontinue the 8000 line, not sure if they plan on carrying the longboard version or not. There is one dealer that carries them, rainbowguitars.com and for some reason they have crazy good prices on bass pedals!
Anyways, I ordered one of the 8002b's yesterday, I'll let you know what I think when I get it.

Hey fellas, the 8002b has been released but they are hard to find because for some odd reason a few dealers (namely guitarcenter) decided to discontinue the 8000 line, not sure if they plan on carrying the longboard version or not. There is one dealer that carries them, rainbowguitars.com and for some reason they have crazy good prices on bass pedals!
Anyways, I ordered one of the 8002b's yesterday, I'll let you know what I think when I get it.

So what are they selling for?

Wow, if they'd had that out back in 07 i would have got a set, really want a set of longboards. Not seen these 8000s before, i reckon i'll have to get some diamond plate to stick on my 5002s now lol.

the 8002B's run for $359.99 at this dealer which is insanely cheap. They also have the 9002 for only $459, brand new! I was very close to going for the 9002 but I couldn't pass up the chance for a longboard DW pedal, I've got some huge feet.

not trying to hijack the thread, but a quick question

what ar ethe advantages/disadvantages of longboard vs. stardard?

if you don't have very big feet it may not seem like a huge advantage, but if you have a size 12+ foot it gives you a bit more leverage. It just feels more natural and heel-toe is a bit easier

the 8002B's run for $359.99 at this dealer which is insanely cheap. They also have the 9002 for only $459, brand new! I was very close to going for the 9002 but I couldn't pass up the chance for a longboard DW pedal, I've got some huge feet.

Hey ive been wondering, wouldnt the 2bs be more expensive then the regular 8002s? i always figured longboards would be more expensive. i heard the dw 8002s were $420. so i thought the 8002bs would be like $500! but there like way cheaper. do u know why?

they are supposed to be the same price, at musiciansfriend.com the plain 8002 is $420, and if they carried the 8002B it would probably be the same (just DW's marketing strategy). I assume that because at rainbowguitars.com both the 8002 and 8002B are $359. That's just their pricing, I'm not sure why it's so cheap.
But with that asside, I recieved it today! I've noticed that since the board is raised a little higher and the angle is more acute that it's easier on your calves to play heel down. This pedal is absolutely rock solid, built like a tank and it pretty much has all the main features of the 9000 series (adjustable cam symmetry is awesome, set anything between totally round to totally a-symmetrical). Very responsive, and I can only imagine the getting some lighter beaters like the Trick detonator beaters would make this pedal fly. I'm totally excited that I was able to find this for only $359 as it is easily worth the advertised $420. Check out that website if you want to pick up one of these, not sure if they'll have em for this price forever.

But with that asside, I recieved it today! I've noticed that since the board is raised a little higher and the angle is more acute that it's easier on your calves to play heel down. This pedal is absolutely rock solid, built like a tank and it pretty much has all the main features of the 9000 series (adjustable cam symmetry is awesome, set anything between totally round to totally a-symmetrical).

Hows the feel compared to the 9000?! does it feel as light? cause im gonna go ahead and buy me the 2B next week.

I don't think it's quite as light as the 9000, but then again the only 9000 ive played had the hardcore beaters on them so it was rediculously light, im not sure how much different the 8002b's would be with lighter beaters. Overall though, very solid, comfortable feel.

they sure do, just move the beater and spring the the slave pedal and remove the shaft and you have two pedals.

hey i was just looking at the 9002 slave pedal and i dont see a way to connect the spring directly to the beater like on the main pedal. r u sure it can be converted to a single?

You have to romove the rocker and spring from the master pedal with an allen wrench and attatch it on the slave pedal where the shaft connects.

THANKS to the superb posts on this forum I was able to find and order a DW 8002B longboard double pedal setup from rainbow guitars - $359.00 with FREE shipping! Should have them in a couple of days and will compare them to my Yamaha Flying Dragon Direct Drive DB pedals. I really wanted a longboard setup and these DWs looked like they will do the job nicely. I also play a DW9000 single pedal and I love it! Had DW offered a 9000 series with a longboard, I would have bought that but I think the 8000 series is going to be more than adequate for me. THANKS guys!!!

THANKS to the superb posts on this forum I was able to find and order a DW 8002B longboard double pedal setup from rainbow guitars - $359.00 with FREE shipping! Should have them in a couple of days and will compare them to my Yamaha Flying Dragon Direct Drive DB pedals. I really wanted a longboard setup and these DWs looked like they will do the job nicely. I also play a DW9000 single pedal and I love it! Had DW offered a 9000 series with a longboard, I would have bought that but I think the 8000 series is going to be more than adequate for me. THANKS guys!!!

Looking forward to your impressions Popeye, I'm right on the brink of buying these myself!

Halon451: I am extremely happy with the LOW price I was given by rainbow guitars on the DW 8002B pedals! They beat any other seller by $60.00! I'll post an eval as soon as I can.

Alright now that I've given a lot of time to playing the pedal I think I can offer a very honest evaluation. The biggest concern I had was when I first got it, the slave pedal had a tendancy to have the chain roll up over the edge of the cam. Not exactly centered for some reason. However, I was able to fix it simply by tweaking the pedal inwards. I'm not sure how I fixed it and I'm not sure how bending the pedal inwards didn't effect its motion, it seems like if anything it would have bent the pin at the fulcrum but apparently it didn't. After that I had no issues. I've never had to tighten anything down after setting it to this day (aside from the spring tension thumb screw on the master pedal, but it's a thumb screw so go figure) And overall it's very very solidly built and easy to play. If anyone finds it to be heavy my suggestion would be to loosen the springs as far as they will go (without getting slack) tighten the beater side bass drum head, and loosen the resonant side. If you aren't concerned about fast rebound for speeds sake don't worry about it but doing this allows the tension of the drum to rebound the pedal much easier with the loose springs and it's gotten much easier to play 220 bpm 32nd notes.
So I've got to say this is a professional pedal, just because it has an "8" instead of a "9" doesn't change anything. It is simply a different style pedal in the professional range DW offers. Anything a person could do with a 9000 they can do with an 8000 (it's like saying a $4000 Gibson is more professional than a $2000 Gibson, I hate when people say crap like that).

Back