LP Rock Shaker Refillable LP462B (old model) - how to open fill cap ?

Hi All,

I bought an LP Rock Shaker (LP462B) which was sold as refillable. When I tried to yank open the fill cap, it did not come out.
Scared of damaging the instrument, I sent LP support an email. They replied back saying that these were recently changed at the factory, and they are no longer refillable.
I figured that's why it didn't open till recently when I looked at the box (it came in) again. The box actually says that this is refillable.
I am guessing that the new model does not have a fill cap, and I have an older model. I feel LP is not the kind of company that will lie about their products on the box.

Anybody own(or ever owned) an older model of this ? If so, did you ever manage to open the fill cap ?
Would be really really awesome if you can share how you opened it(if there is a certain technique to follow instead of just yanking it with brute force).

Meanwhile I have emailed them again, and I hope their customer support will be a little more helpful this time.

Thanks,
Hirak

Last edited:
I've had the opposite problem with this shaker.

I bought the black version for my school concert band two years ago. The first time we used it was a performance in the gym. A student dropped it on the wooden floor, one lid popped off and hundreds of tiny balls spread everywhere. Annoying, and a serious tripping hazard. We eventually found most of them and put them back in. Now we've put a thin strip of gaffer tape around each end to hold the lids on.

Maybe this is why LP changed them to be non-removable.

Anyway, if yours can be opened, one way would be to drop it on a wooden floor.

Back