Sleishman Twin Pedal

Basically, I know of only 3 center pedal designs. The Off-Set, which I own http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u162/hrconway/134-3415_IMG.jpg , the Sleishman, and the Sonor. When I bought my Off-Sets, I had compared it (A/B tested) it against the Sonor. I didn't much like the feel of the Sonor. The Sleishman had yet to get distribution here, in the US. Now, they're running 3 years here. They are excellent pedals. But costly. About twice what I paid for my Off-Sets. So, they should be excellent (least in my book). I've played them a number of times, and probably will own a set someday. But, in the meantime, I'm very happy with my Off-Sets, and have no plans to abandon them any time soon.

I used to have an old Premier off-set pedal from about 1970 and it was excellent. Off set pedals are a good idea and one that is starting to see some acceptance. But for £450, you're paying for style over function. The Off-Set pedal is supposedly excellent and considerably cheaper.

wow, that's expensive, and if you only have the advantage of having your bassdrum right in front of you I would suggest to spend the money on an Elim or 9002 to have better performance and adjustability for about the same price.

Cool looking pedals. But from a strictly functional aspect, it seems like it would be harder to have your bass drum moved over to the left like that.

With these pedals you don't need to move your bass drum, it is designed so the snare is placed between the 2 pedals and the bass drum would sit directly in front of you. Making the kit more balanced. I bought one last week, it is cracking, absolutely cracking. I'm having some difficulty getting used to my legs rubbing against the snare lol but apart from that they are fantastic, action is smooth and really quick. Another small problem if you are wanting to change beaters, they have to be a certain width as if they are too wide, they will rub against each other. The beaters that you get with them are good though! You gain so much power from them it's unbelievable even at faster tempos! Also if you are from the UK there is a company in Liverpool that sell it for £350 called ADC drums. So if you are considering buying one you might want to start there. I would like to hear from some people who have used or own a Sleishman.

Back