why?

I think I would have painted them in yellow and black stripes, as they remind me of the tail end of a wasp!

Art... because you can but also to test sensibility. Look, because we have a particular idea about what drums should be doesn't mean there are not other options. In my work , experimentation is where I get my best ideas, and there is room in anything, no matter how bizarre to be put forward. Who knows what might happen?

if they are made out of discarded giant sized toilet plungers, maybe they squish flat for easy transport??

Because

That said, there was a used kit at guitar center for a while that looked like it was from the 80's. Sprakle blue shells, but instead of being strait they were curved and flaired so the bottom pointed at the audiance.

Because

That said, there was a used kit at guitar center for a while that looked like it was from the 80's. Sprakle blue shells, but instead of being strait they were curved and flaired so the bottom pointed at the audiance.
Ah, you were probably looking at a set of North drums. Staccatto produced a similar design back in the day. They actually made for a good pub rock kit :)

Hmmm, not so sure. At least the Molecule drums follow a timpani form, & that at least adds some rationale to the design.

Personally, I'm all for brave design for the sake of it, so long as it's a personal thing, & not a vehicle for silly marketing claims.

Ok, how about those North drums then? LOL.

Because... It's MaryO new ice-cream kit :)

Attachments

• Ice-cream kit.jpg
    Ice-cream kit.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,502
Those are Clone Drums actually, from the Republican Clone Wars.
See those ice cream balls are identical?

Back