I found a used Iron Cobra pedal for $80. Good deal?

Akuma

A guy is selling a bunch of drum gear - amongst it a used Iron Cobra pedal.

My V-Drums didn't come with a pedal so I thought this was a good idea of purchasing a decent one.

Is $80 bucks a good purchase for a used Iron Cobra Single Pedal?
It comes with the hard-case.
I don't know which model of Iron Cobra it is...

I would make sure of the model. They make various pedals such as the Rolling Glide, Flexi Glide and Power Glide. They also made different variations of these pedals over the years, some will accept and work with the Cobra Coil and others won't. Depending on the age and how hard it was used will affect the asking price. With the price you mentioned, the pedal should be in excellent condition.

Dennis

With the price you mentioned, the pedal should be in excellent condition.Dennis

What reasoning do I have to ask that the pedal be in excellent condition?
The IC-pedals cost twice as much ($189 MSRB last time I checked) and offering half that price for the pedal doesn't seem to put me in any position to ask that the pedal is in excellent condition - unless you know a place where I can find a brand spanking new IC-pedal for significantly less than $189

The pedal being offered here is a P900 pedal, I've tried it out and it looks in very good condition and it seems to work flawlessly.

What reasoning do I have to ask that the pedal be in excellent condition?
The IC-pedals cost twice as much ($189 MSRB last time I checked) and offering half that price for the pedal doesn't seem to put me in any position to ask that the pedal is in excellent condition - unless you know a place where I can find a brand spanking new IC-pedal for significantly less than $189

The pedal being offered here is a P900 pedal, I've tried it out and it looks in very good condition and it seems to work flawlessly.

The reasoning is that you are the potential buyer of a used product and have every right to know its condition. The phrase "buyer beware" comes to mind every time I look at a used (no guarantee) product. I buy my Tama pedals new at a pretty good discount, considerably lower than the MSRB price, so I rarely examine the used market. There are parts in those pedals, including bearings, springs and other parts that can break or wear out, depending on the pedals prior use.

BTW, the P-900 pedal is a Pearl product. It was introduced about the same time their 900 series of hardware hit the market along with the H-900 hi hat stand, the S-900 snare stand, their D-900 drum throne and their 900 series of cymbal stands. The Tama Iron Cobra pedals would be an HP900PS, HP900RS or HP900FS, each one having a different style cam or drive.

Now you say that you personally tried this particular pedal, so if you like it, buy it. You deleted this important information on your original post.

Dennis

Back