Yamaha 9500C

Mikeberk1

Thoughts on this foot pedal anyone? I like that it has the optional nylon strap to replace the double chain drive with. The price seems reasonable too.

i got the FP8500B (belt drive). one of the best pedals i have owned. came from trying to replace my old 1990 yamaha pedals. loved the FP8500B so much i got the HS1200 hi-hat stand as well, also very very incredible. you cannot go wrong with these pedals.

i bought after trying DW, tama, pearl. all were either too heavy, too expensive (dw 9000) or just an odd feel. the yamaha is smooth, fast & great design.

i got the FP8500B (belt drive). one of the best pedals i have owned. came from trying to replace my old 1990 yamaha pedals. loved the FP8500B so much i got the HS1200 hi-hat stand as well, also very very incredible. you cannot go wrong with these pedals.

i bought after trying DW, tama, pearl. all were either too heavy, too expensive (dw 9000) or just an odd feel. the yamaha is smooth, fast & great design.

+1 on the 8500B

No experience with the 9500C.

Thanks guys. For the hi hat I went with the HS740A... basic stand, light weight, and the price is right. I also ordered some of the medium weight CS755 stands. I had problems with my DW stands peeling chrome after just a couple months of ownership. Yamaha stands don't appear to be heavily chromed. Hopefully I won't have the same problem. That and DW, while great stuff, is just too heavy for my liking.

All my hardware is Yamaha as well as my kit! I do have one DW 8" piccolo tom but I can tell you I love all the Yamaha stuff

Same here, all Yamaha 700 series hardware and just got the 9500C to replace my old Yammie pedal.The new pedal is so nice and solid. Kind of like how I imagine all good machining to be... firm but buttery smooth. I think I made a good decision and am happy with the 9500C.

Last edited:
Back