Musicians Classified for minors?

daredrummer

Gold Member
Does anyone know of a site like this? I was very excited when I found musician's classified but then I found out you has to be 18 to sign up...

I know the best way to get in a band is to just hook up with someone you know, but I'm having a little trouble... One guitarist at my school texts me 18 times a day, had to block him. Another guy I met isn't returning my calls....

So I'm sure I'll eventually find some people, but does anyone know of a musicians classifeid type site for under 18?
(Btw if you don't know, musicians classified is a place where you post you're looking for a band member, or looking for a band in your area.)

You could try Bandmix.com or the wonderful Craigslist. Sometimes, depending on size of your city, you will find ad's in the newspaper too.

You said you are having trouble finding people to jam with, but yet have one guitarist texting your a bunch...what's wrong with him? Is he one that "thinks" he can play, but can really only play 2 or 3 partial riffs?

You could try Bandmix.com or the wonderful Craigslist. Sometimes, depending on size of your city, you will find ad's in the newspaper too.

You said you are having trouble finding people to jam with, but yet have one guitarist texting your a bunch...what's wrong with him? Is he one that "thinks" he can play, but can really only play 2 or 3 partial riffs?

No he's ok at guitar but he is INCREDIBLY annoying. I wouldn't last an hour in a band with him.

Thanks for the site, I'll check it out.

Last edited:
bump...
Did a craigslist ad, but I doubt anyone will reply. Anyone got any more suggestions?

bump...
Did a craigslist ad, but I doubt anyone will reply. Anyone got any more suggestions?

Making your own ad isn't a bad idea, but did you happen you check out and see what other ads were already there? Many times there's already formed bands looking for drummers.

Another thing you can do is go to google.com and type in "drummer seeking band" and you will get many different sites relating to what you are looking for.

I understand you are young, but the best way to meet musicians is to go where musicians are. Check out some all ages venues in your area and start introducing yourself to people.

Also, check out your local music stores. Many times you will find not only flyers for upcoming local shows, but also ads for bands needing members. And talk to the folks that work there. Sometimes they know of bands needing members just from dealing with musicians on a day to day basis.

Back