st dry, hd dry or dry genera?

ecpietscheck

Heyy guys!
Just wondering if any of you had the following; i have an st dry and i love it, im just starting to think though that perhaps an hd dry or a dry genera is superior than the st dry!
your oppinions are allowed!
Thx in advance!

I have used the st and the genera dry, and i think it really depends on the snare drum. i wouldn't want to put the st on my 14x5.5 export (poplar) snare, but it sounded great on my friend's 14x7 ocdp micro vent (steel). The genera will give you a little more resonance, and i would venture to say its probably more versatile. Only complaint about the genera that was on my export was that it took a little while to break in. But after a good bit of playing the sound was very good.

I've used all three, and I think they each have a very specific sound, which may or may not work on a particular drum.

If I had to pick a favorite, I'd say the Genera Dry would be it. Since it's one-ply, it has a nice, open sound that doesn't get in the way of the natural sound of the drum. I wish they'd make one with the muffle ring so I wouldn't have to peel it off myself.

I've used the other two in the past to help fatten up some snares that were really gutless, but overall they're a little too heavy and dull sounding for me.

Back