...and Vinnie moves from Gretsch to...

aydee

Platinum Member
C'mon, Jon spill your guts,. Whats the rumour?

* Bermuda's heard something none of us know

Oh, I hear lots of rumors about lots of things. I've forgotten most by now. It's the facts I know that I really can't tell you about! Definitely lots of both flying at NAMM this year.

Bermuda

Last edited:
Bermuda is going to make us all guess! I saw him at NAMM (great to have the quick hang at the Ludwig booth)...but he didn't disclose the scoop.

I'm guessing Craviatto! Although Vinnie could play Maxwell House cans and make them sing.

Bermuda, is it true that Vinnie was seen at the NAMM Ludwig release party ?

I had also heard he was there but I didn't see him. But a lot of non-Ludwig related people were there to see the new stands, so that wouldn't mean much. The only thing that appears to be for certain is that Gretsch and Vinnie have stopped linking to each other, and that does mean something.

Bermuda

Well lemme help you all. Vinnie will move to this company now, it's official.

*grin

Made me LOL! Funniest thing I've seen in Idontknowhowlong. Both your joke AND the drums. Vinnie might be able to make coffee cans sound good, but triangular drums might be beyond even his ability.

I gotta say one more thing about those drums... WTF? Triangular? Really? Who the eff coulda thought that was a good idea? Original, definitely... but cmon!

That's why I'm so amazed that Vinnie is actually giving up on Gretsch to use Deltadrum!!!!!

;)

Speaking if triangular drums, there was a company in the US who was experimenting with them, although not with the sharp angles of the Deltadrum (what's that flower you've got on? hahahaha) The premise was that you would alternate the direction of every other tom, so they sort of nested against each other, and you could fit more toms in a somewhat smaller space.

As you probably know by their absence in the marketplace, they went nowhere.

R.O.C.K. Drums currently makes unusually-shaped drums as well, and they're not having much luck, either.

Bermuda

Speaking if triangular drums, there was a company in the US who was experimenting with them, although not with the sharp angles of the Deltadrum (what's that flower you've got on? hahahaha) The premise was that you would alternate the direction of every other tom, so they sort of nested against each other, and you could fit more toms in a somewhat smaller space.

As you probably know by their absence in the marketplace, they went nowhere.

R.O.C.K. Drums currently makes unusually-shaped drums as well, and they're not having much luck, either.

Bermuda

Is R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.?
(playing off the earlier reference)

F

I believe they are. Site is http://www.rockcustomdrums.com/

But the triangular drums I was talking about have straighter edges with rounded corners, like a common YIELD street sign.

yieldylwred.gif

Sorry about the obnoxious animated .gif, that's what the govenrment has on their site.

Bermuda

Sorry guys, the rumors are all completely unfounded. I never cared for Gretsch drums, to begin with.

Sorry guys, the rumors are all completely unfounded. I never cared for Gretsch drums, to begin with.
Just noticed your new signature, & approve utterly :)

Henri, I prefer the real spooning experience. It's not often I can get a consenting female to lay horizontally with me these days, so I make the most of it ;)

As for Vinnie, regrettably, I can absolutely confirm he's not signing up as a Guru artist.

Back