My first band! Wooo!

Magenta

Platinum Member
I had my second jam session with my singer and bass player this evening. The first session was over a month ago, but holidays and work and stuff got in the way; anyway we'd made a list of songs we wanted to work on, and kept in touch with each other in the meantime whenever we wanted to edit the list.

We were pretty amazed at how well it all went, especially the songs we'd thought would be the most tricksy. It went so well, in fact, that we decided we wanted to make a go of it and we're aiming to do a local jam night, maybe in the next month or so. We still lack a guitarist but we're hoping to rope in a mutual friend to tide us over until we find a permanent member; with any luck somebody at the jam night will be interested.

Ladies and gentlemen of DW, please have your sparkly frocks at the ready to welcome The Singapore Slingbacks!

Wooohoooo! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more of your adventures and achievements.

Ladies and gentlemen of DW, please have your sparkly frocks at the ready to welcome The Singapore Slingbacks!
If I remember correctly, I unknowingly watched a stage act by the same name in Singapore a few years ago. The finale was unexpected!

Anyhow, less of the ladyboy stuff - sounds like you've got a plan. Picking up a guitarist at a jam night is a good idea, especially as they'll have the opportunity to see/hear what you're about. Good luck Madge :)

If I remember correctly, I unknowingly watched a stage act by the same name in Singapore a few years ago. The finale was unexpected!

Dang, I thought I'd been so clever and original. However, it suits us even better now!

Congratulations Madge :)

It's a shame I don't play guitar :(

Let us know how it goes... even better, put a little clip on DW :))

Hey!! Alright Madge! Your Madge-esty! Way. To. Go. Is it a mixed sex band or a same sex band? Are you a good witch or a bad witch? Is that a real poncho or a Sears poncho?

Woohoo! Lets hear some recordings! Its such a wonderful feelign meshing with others. Good luck and rock some face.

Wooohoooo! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more of your adventures and achievements.

Congrats! Can't wait to hear what you guys have!

Thank you!

Congratulations Madge :)

It's a shame I don't play guitar :(

Let us know how it goes... even better, put a little clip on DW :))

Learn!!

We'll see about that, in the fullness of time ...

Hey!! Alright Madge! Your Madge-esty! Way. To. Go. Is it a mixed sex band or a same sex band? Are you a good witch or a bad witch? Is that a real poncho or a Sears poncho?

Arise, Sir Uncle Larry!

We are a same sex band (pending guitarist). Bass player is transgender - might as well tell everybody this now because it'll save people wondering if ever there is a video clip of us.

I am a good witch, of course, but equally of course I can be very very bad.

It isn't a poncho, it's a sparkly frock.

Congrats and good luck. I know you ll have a blast!

Yea Madge like Joe says, rock some face!

Rock some face. Yuk yuk. Cool saying.

Originals or cover tunes? Mix of both?

Whatever it is, congrats on finding some good chemistry.

Thanks, Grea and everybody :D

I spoke to our guitarist friend yesterday and he said Yes, so that's good. We're all getting together on Sunday, all being well. Next thing will be to record ourselves and see exactly where we're at.

Back