Addictive Drums (triggered through a cheap e-kit)

pretty impressive! I might have to look into that for my e-drums.

pretty impressive! I might have to look into that for my e-drums.

Yeah, I would definitely try it out. Addictive Drums is pretty awesome, from what I've seen. Free demo too, can't beat that :D

Actually sounds pretty good. I would have thought the snare was acoustic with that ring to it.

I was very pleasantly surprised with how good it feels and sounds! I may never go back, lol.

Problem with that module, though, is that it has a really nasty habit of dropping even 16th notes at a normal speed, let alone anything more. The pads aren't too bad, but the "cymbals" are the worst. I too got one of those at a bargain a while back, if you couldn't tell. Ended up using some of the pads on a roland module... I like how they feel... Still use the rack too.

Cool! sounds good. I just picked up a cheep e-kit myself for home practice and was planing to do this with it. Glad to know it works well.

Problem with that module, though, is that it has a really nasty habit of dropping even 16th notes at a normal speed, let alone anything more. The pads aren't too bad, but the "cymbals" are the worst. I too got one of those at a bargain a while back, if you couldn't tell. Ended up using some of the pads on a roland module... I like how they feel... Still use the rack too.

I don't have issues with dropped notes, except with the cymbals. Those, you have to hit RIGHT in the middle. But I don't care about the module, I just use it for the midi out!

Cool! sounds good. I just picked up a cheep e-kit myself for home practice and was planing to do this with it. Glad to know it works well.

Good luck with that, if I can help you in any way, let me know!

I don't have issues with dropped notes, except with the cymbals. Those, you have to hit RIGHT in the middle. But I don't care about the module, I just use it for the midi out!

My point was that it's the module who is to blame... It just doesn't pick up the faster notes. You can forget about a buzz-roll, for example... I dunno, maybe the newest software can make up for the dropped notes or something... The single-zone pickup is also limiting in my view.

My point was that it's the module who is to blame... It just doesn't pick up the faster notes. You can forget about a buzz-roll, for example... I dunno, maybe the newest software can make up for the dropped notes or something... The single-zone pickup is also limiting in my view.

That's interesting, because buzz rolls actually work pretty well for me! They don't sound perfect, but I also haven't dealt with any of the settings at all. Yeah, single zone is lame :p I'll probably upgrade in the future. I'm really enjoying this! SO easy to record, edit, etc. And quiet! Seeing as I'll be in an apartment soon... haha.

That's the other main problem with the module. Lack of settings to fine tune or work out issues like cross-talk.

Sounds great, Luke. I had a cheap Legacy e-kit a while ago and it was a waste of $$ and a new module wouldn't save it because the triggers were so poor.

I guess the kit might be okay for hard hitting beginners but if you played gently notes would drop out all the time, worst on the hat pad where there was a one centimetre spot where it would be consistent - shift away from that spot just a teensy bit and it was in the lap of the gods whether the note would trigger or not.

Guess that depends on the brand.

Back