the noughties

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
Well since it's december 09 i thought i would mention (as if you didn't already know) about the fact that it's nearly another decade down the drain. I know to some of you it's "just another 10 years" but it's quite interesting for me because it's the first full decade i've lived through start to finish. Yes i remember the new years party 1999. It just boggles the mind how much stuff has changed since then, not only in the world but in my personal life as well. I was only 8 back then lol and now i'm a man of sorts. I dunno if it's just me or does this year seem to have just flew past? I wonder what next decade is going to be like. Is the world going to end in 2012? well judging what they said about 2000 and 06 i think it's unlikely but i guess it's just that sense of unkowing really. Yes i am boring lol.

Bin Ladens Afterlife Surprise
After getting nailed by a Daisy Cutter, Osama made his way to the pearly gates. There, he is greeted by George Washington.

"How dare you attack the nation I helped conceive" yells Mr. Washington, slapping Osama in the face. Patrick Henry comes up from behind: "You wanted to end the Americans liberty, so they gave you death" Henry punches Osama on the nose. James Madison comes up next, and says, "This is why I allowed the Federal government to provide for the common defense" He drops a large weight on Osamas knee.

Osama is subject to similar beatings from John Randolph of Roanoke, James Monroe and 65 other 18th-century American revolutionaries. As he writhes on the ground, Thomas Jefferson picks him up to hurl him back toward the gate where he is to be judged.

As Osama awaits his journey to his final very hot destination, he screams, "This is not what I was promised"

An angel replies: "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you. What did you think I said?"

..... Is the world going to end in 2012? well judging what they said about 2000 and 06 i think it's unlikely but i guess it's just that sense of unkowing really...
Yes, highly unlikely. I was too young to "really" enjoy the 60's, but the next 4 decades. Mostly it's all the same. Things just get harder....and cost more.

Yes, highly unlikely. I was too young to "really" enjoy the 60's, but the next 4 decades. Mostly it's all the same. Things just get harder....and cost more.

Yeah i suppose that's one of the things that style and tech has changed over the years but really people haven't changed much. We still do much of the same things we did back then. A great example of this is when there is some high profile court case and you see people banging on the prison van at the end, it's not really all that different from the angry medieval mob with fire sticks and pitchforks to burn the witch at the stake.
Generally though i would say that although stuff costs more, we do earn more and it seems to be an eternal battle between the rising living costs and our pay-rises.
Also speaking of the 60s, think about back then when people were REALLY worried about total global anhialation not just the hyped up crap of late.

the 00's have been a weird decade for me. I was 19 in 2000 a young freshman in college, not really bright eyed already jaded. I just remember thinking I had about 10 years before I had any real expectations of me to have a career, family, or a home.

I was really excited about the band I was in back then, really thought I had a chance to make it big. I learned alot about the music business since then though. I actually am making a living now as a professional musician. I learned not to hitch my wagon to just one horse. I realize for some thats the only way to make it, but it didn't work out that way for me.

I also really looked up to musicians who were just a little bit older than me because they had all the cool gear and road cases. It really just takes time, you get a little bit of stuff every year and eventually you have all the tools of the trade, and then all the toys too.

the 00's have been a weird decade for me. I was 19 in 2000 a young freshman in college, not really bright eyed already jaded. I just remember thinking I had about 10 years before I had any real expectations of me to have a career, family, or a home.

I was really excited about the band I was in back then, really thought I had a chance to make it big. I learned alot about the music business since then though. I actually am making a living now as a professional musician. I learned not to hitch my wagon to just one horse. I realize for some thats the only way to make it, but it didn't work out that way for me.

I also really looked up to musicians who were just a little bit older than me because they had all the cool gear and road cases. It really just takes time, you get a little bit of stuff every year and eventually you have all the tools of the trade, and then all the toys too.

That's quite interesting because you were about the same age and position 10 years ago that i am coming into 2010. This is really a turning point for me this next year. The way i see it there are a few ways i can go in terms of careers and jobs. I don't think it's highly likely that i'm ever going to become a famous musician or anything but i reckon i'll just try out some bands and write a few songs while i'm in university and see if anyone is interested or not.

Oh and ty whoever rated my thread 5 stars i'm touched lol.

Yes i remember the new years party 1999. It just boggles the mind how much stuff has changed since then, not only in the world but in my personal life as well. I was only 8 back then lol and now i'm a man of sorts. I dunno if it's just me or does this year seem to have just flew past? I wonder what next decade is going to be like. Is the world going to end in 2012? well judging what they said about 2000 and 06 i think it's unlikely but i guess it's just that sense of unkowing really. Yes i am boring lol.

Eddie, it's not just you. Get ready for faster and faster years. When we were aged 2, one year was half of our life! Now, for you, it's an 18th of your life, and the proportion always gets smaller.

You're right, though. Some things never change - like human nature. We still do more or less the same things as we've always done, just with progressively cooler toys :)

I pretty much enjoyed the "noughties". I met the girl of my dreams and married her, had the most successful years of both my drumming and "real" careers, and now as the 00s are coming to a close, I'm getting ready to retire and start a new chapter of my life. Every decade seems to get better and better...

Eddie, it's not just you. Get ready for faster and faster years. When we were aged 2, one year was half of our life! Now, for you, it's an 18th of your life, and the proportion always gets smaller.

You're right, though. Some things never change - like human nature. We still do more or less the same things as we've always done, just with progressively cooler toys :)

Welcome back polly mate :) Yes i suppose proportionally it's that the years become smaller. I also think it's to do with the way you experience life as you get older or w/e.

I pretty much enjoyed the "noughties". I met the girl of my dreams and married her, had the most successful years of both my drumming and "real" careers, and now as the 00s are coming to a close, I'm getting ready to retire and start a new chapter of my life. Every decade seems to get better and better...

That's really cool i'm glad you enjoyed the decade.

Back