What makes your blood boil??

People who cherry-pick which Constitutional rights we need and don't need, based on their own little personal agendas.

The price of new drums and cymbals.

People who cherry-pick which Constitutional rights we need and don't need, based on their own little personal agendas.

That's a good one.

I'll add onto my own list: people who vote based on their own idea of morality instead of equality, fairness, or personal freedoms. I might not think something is the "right" thing to do, but I would never vote away someone else's right to do something as long as they weren't hurting others in the process.

I try not to let anything really get to me (it's funny how as I get older there's just less and less drama I want to deal with) but what the heck is this 'hashtag' business? That whole tweeting thing. Totally stupid. It's like communicating with only baseball signals.

I have a pretty long fuse so not much gets me to that stage too often. The things that do though are the kinds of actions that land people in jail with a life sentence.

I would agree with you, but the only exception is that I'm pro-life. Don't question it. I have always been like that. Babies make me happy, they're a sort of beacon of hope for me in a 'bottom of the barrel' world... They are the future, the ones that would have the power to change the world into a better place. It makes me sick that women decide to play god with lives before they have even started. I have always believed in equal rights between men and women. It wouldn't be very equal to find out that one day my child was destroyed simply because a woman didn't want it and I don't have a say. If I had the choice, I, myself, would bring it into me so that I could birth the child myself. That would be equal rights. Not some women keeping us out of everything.
Disclaimer: I'm not talking about women in general, I'm talking about those who take away the rights of men to want to keep their own kin.

Would you prefer that they do it in some back alley clinic using a coat hanger? Because either way they're gonna do it. I'm not saying that it's right, but it is socially responsible to allow women to kill their unborn children in a safe and sanitary environment.

Would you prefer that they do it in some back alley clinic using a coat hanger? Because either way they're gonna do it. I'm not saying that it's right, but it is socially responsible to allow women to kill their unborn children in a safe and sanitary environment.

Absolutely.

I'm generally pro-choice (although I'm deeply conflicted on the issue) but an outright ban is not the answer. If anyone's interested, there's a debate going on in South America right now. Chile has an outright ban on abortion but there's a case right now where an 11-year-old girl has been systematically abused by her stepfather and is now 12 weeks pregnant. Due to the outright ban, there is no legal scope for her to have an abortion - which to me is absolutely abhorrent. Here you have an 11-year-old girl who is not educated in matters sexual with profound physical changes already occurring and a pregnancy. She does not understand what it means to have a child (partly due to education) and her own childhood has been cut short by no fault of her own but the malicious acts of a sexual predator.

Chile already has one of the highest rates of abortion in South America (there are means - doctors can prescribe a medication for an illness that has the side-effect of terminating pregnancy) and those chemical abortions are relatively safe - compared to operations that take place after a certain time but would be far safer with monitoring and procedural (legal) changes.

By all means, have heavy, heavy restrictions on abortion. It is not something that should ever be done lightly but there are instances that I believe most people would agree, are acceptable. In instances where the mother has been raped and where the pregnancy would seriously endanger the life of the mother, the child, or both.

And Draco - why the Hell shouldn't I question it? Are you suddenly going to fly off the handle if someone disagrees? You're on a discussion forum where people discuss. That means we have carte blanche to question.

Last edited:
Orthographically/grammatically: could of, would of, should of, realy, alot. Misuse of apostrophes. Misuse of "I" when it should be "me": "between you and I", grr. "Less" when it should be "fewer". "Like" when it should be "as if". (My family are a sore trial to me!)

People who believe what they read in the Daily Mail.

People who repeat themselves. People who repeat themselves.

And trivial stuff like racism, sexism, homophobia and cruelty.

Phew, that feels better!

I'm looking into a glass, darkly.

I managed to avoid the split infinitive. I hope you're proud.

People grind me down. I dislike a lot of people. Especially people in cars and people in supermarkets.

I would agree with you, but the only exception is that I'm pro-life. Don't question it. I have always been like that. Babies make me happy, they're a sort of beacon of hope for me in a 'bottom of the barrel' world... They are the future, the ones that would have the power to change the world into a better place. It makes me sick that women decide to play god with lives before they have even started. I have always believed in equal rights between men and women. It wouldn't be very equal to find out that one day my child was destroyed simply because a woman didn't want it and I don't have a say. If I had the choice, I, myself, would bring it into me so that I could birth the child myself. That would be equal rights. Not some women keeping us out of everything.
Disclaimer: I'm not talking about women in general, I'm talking about those who take away the rights of men to want to keep their own kin.

If you're going to vote to force un-wanted children into the world because you feel it's moral, then I hope you have a ton of adopted children you take care of, because the adoption and foster system is already ridiculously over-burdened. A fetus isn't a baby, and there are already far too many children who grow up to be burdens on society because they were not wanted or couldn't be taken care of by the parents. Voting your sense of morality on the nation could result in crack-whores having no choice but to keep babies they don't want and either give them up to a system that fosters abuse and creates terrible situations, or let them grow up in the same environment.

In other words: you are voting for the suffering of children who will likely never have strong parental support or guidance and likely repeat the cycle over again. Think beyond the short sighted "but you're killing a baby" crap. People are made up of our experience and connections to the world, not the cells that divide. Bringing un-wanted children into the world helps NOTHING, especially not the potential child.

And on your last point: It's not the "right of men" to have every child they father taken to term. It's not any mans right to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body. Period. It's sickening to think otherwise.

I guess we'd better stop now, though, as this is getting a bit political. Just think about the whole picture, and don't think about it as a cute baby or something that is likely to work out well. It almost never does. That's reality.

I don't want to get into any great debate, and I understand that this is an extremely emotive subject so this is just my personal experience and thoughts, okay?
I was born in 1963 and was adopted very soon after by great people who are, my Mum and Dad.
In my teens I had a long talk with my Mum; I think she was trying to deal with the worry that I might want to find my natural mother. She told me about my natural mother, that she was a girl of 15 who was thrown out by her family for 'the shame'.
In 1963 there was very little support of any kind for teenage mothers so I suppose she just did what she thought was best, and put me up for adoption.

Now here's the thing; if abortion had been available freely in 1963, would she have had me?

I have had a great life, my Mum and (late) Dad were/are awesome parents...am I a minority?

Just thoughts from me. Peace. J

Now here's the thing; if abortion had been available freely in 1963, would she have had me?

Would that have mattered? Babies are naturally "aborted" all the time. The body will sometimes just know that it's not in a position to carry a baby and terminate it's own pregnancy. This is no more of a tragedy than when someone uses their head to not put another child in the child-care system. Your case was good, but far more children will never be adopted. I could just as easily produce plenty of stories of abuse and neglect. This is especially common when a young mother gives up on their child or has the child removed for it's safety in a few years. It's much less common to be adopted as a young child than as a baby.

I've always wanted a girl. Never really wanted a boy, but not against it obviously. Also, I actually told my girlfriend that after a girl, I would like to adopt. If I had the power to give homes to these children or the money to care for them myself, I would. I love children, and I love babies. They are miraculous wonder to me. Stinky, but cute, haha.

Anyways, I am aware of the arguments for pro-choice. I was writing a paper against abortion, and threw away the entire thing after finding out that everything is against me. It just comes down to belief, and so I say, leave it at that. I'm just politically inept, so I won't argue.

Abortion, really makes my blood boil.

That's fine, you're entitled to an opinion, but why force your opinion on others by vote? If you don't like abortion, don't have one. The fact that you are so against it probably leads me to believe that you would care for your children to the best of your ability. This is simply not the case for a whole lot of people. Do some research on the number of abortions done in this country, let alone the rest of the world.(hint: it's measured in millions annually) If you can honestly tell me that all those unwanted children would be better off being forced onto un-willing parents or the foster system, maybe you can have a leg to stand on.

Children should be brought into the world because they have loving and willing parents. Not because someone thinks that abortion is "killing a child" and checks a box on a voter form to force that opinion on everyone else. Nobody should ever be able to vote away someone's rights, ever. The right to your own body and it's functions is about as basic as it gets.

If you're going to vote to force un-wanted children into the world because you feel it's moral, then I hope you have a ton of adopted children you take care of, because the adoption and foster system is already ridiculously over-burdened. A fetus isn't a baby, and there are already far too many children who grow up to be burdens on society because they were not wanted or couldn't be taken care of by the parents. Voting your sense of morality on the nation could result in crack-whores having no choice but to keep babies they don't want and either give them up to a system that fosters abuse and creates terrible situations, or let them grow up in the same environment.

In other words: you are voting for the suffering of children who will likely never have strong parental support or guidance and likely repeat the cycle over again. Think beyond the short sighted "but you're killing a baby" crap. People are made up of our experience and connections to the world, not the cells that divide. Bringing un-wanted children into the world helps NOTHING, especially not the potential child.

And on your last point: It's not the "right of men" to have every child they father taken to term. It's not any mans right to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body. Period. It's sickening to think otherwise.

I guess we'd better stop now, though, as this is getting a bit political. Just think about the whole picture, and don't think about it as a cute baby or something that is likely to work out well. It almost never does. That's reality.

+1.The only problem I have with a womans right to choose, is when some women have multiple abortions and simply reguard those abortions as another form of birth control.

Having said that,and getting back to the OT,I think child abuse in ANY form makes my blood boil,especially pedophiles.I could go on about this,buy suffice to say,they are an unnecessary burden on society and serve NO usefull purpose and I'll leave it at that.

I also agree about what we need and don't need,and in doing so, cherry pick the U.S. constitution to satisfy your own political views.

The shopping cart(trolly ?) thing annoys me.It happened to me just yesterday 3 times.The last time,I said politely "excuse me",I then had to say it 2 more times,and the woman finally turns around and says..."Oh..all right for god sakes".She heard me the whole time and just blew me off because of the whole self entitlement thing.

People that hate cops and think all cops are bad cops...just because they had a run in with the police or got a ticket at some time. .Those people are just ignorant,stupid turds.Sorry,no punches pulled here.

Parents that treat parenting as a competative sport,and have their kids involved in so many programs that their children never get to enjoy just being children.

Humanoids that pray on the elderly and thieves,are some of the lowest forms of "life " on the planet.

Steve B.

Last edited:
Small talk... it's just so dang pointless! I know you don't care about the weather, and neither do I, so why waste time talking about it?

Inconsiderate people... obviously. The fact that there are so many of them running around is the worst part.

SWAG.

Not waking up and having a giant bag of money sitting at the foot of my bed every morning.

People who disguise brags about themselves as problems.

The fact that I am such a wonderful person and so incredibly talented at everything I do because it makes others jealous.

Having to sleep, because those 8 hours cut into my drum time!

Ok, to be honest, this is something that makes my blood boil.

Children should be brought into the world because they have loving and willing parents.
With my biggest respect to being tolerant with anybody's rights and freedom, and my
biggest respect for having good thoughts on women in very difficult situations, but:
I'm not sure if we really are to decide if an unborn child's future will be "sufficiently comfortable" or if abortion would be the better solution...?!
The right to your own body and it's functions is about as basic as it gets.
I'm pretty sure that an unborn child isn't a part of one's own body in that sense, nor a
function of it. Have you ever seen an sonogram of an unborn a few weeks old? Have
you seen what abortion does to the child?

I just wonder, we think about everybody and everything, but who actually thinks on the fetus?

Ok, to be honest, this is something that makes my blood boil.

With my biggest respect to being tolerant with anybody's rights and freedom, and my
biggest respect for having good thoughts on women in very difficult situations, but:
I'm not sure if we really are to decide if an unborn child's future will be "sufficiently comfortable" or if abortion would be the better solution...?!

I'm pretty sure that an unborn child isn't a part of one's own body in that sense, nor a
function of it. Have you ever seen an sonogram of an unborn a few weeks old? Have
you seen what abortion does to the child?

I just wonder, we think about everybody and everything, but who actually thinks on the fetus?

The abortion debate isn't about women's rights, or "keeping laws off my body", or any of that. People are getting side-tracked. What it REALLY comes down to is an individual's definition of when it's "okay" to terminate a life. Some people become so disillusioned, or cloak themselves heavily in denial or propaganda, that they mask what they are actually doing or fighting for the rights to do, which is terminating a human life. Different people who support the practice draw the line at different points of the pregnancy, some even drawing the line right at the point of delivery, but it's all the same--ending a human life. I wish "pro-choice" supporters would just acknowledge this. They use different phrases, like abortion procedure, or pregnancy termination, etc. etc. etc. to divert attention away from the fact that they are terminating a human life. It's a means to help the individuals sweep the reality under a rug. If they would just call it like it is, like: "I support ending a human life up to ____ weeks/months gestation, because at that point the fetus isn't viable (or whatever justification...)." then we could actually get somewhere with the discussion/resolution of the debate. But, until that point, both sides will be side-tracking and endlessly dancing around the issue. When the sides come to common terms, THEN and only then can society weigh the pros and cons of what makes it justifiable, like health or socio-economic concerns (I'm speaking for America here, because that's where I see the debate happening...)

The same issue is at the core of assisted suicide and death penalty debates. At what point can we justify, in our own minds, ending a living human being's life?

Back