heeeeere's yer sign

NUTHA JASON

Senior Administrator
i've lost track of how mant times i've finished a gig and someone comes up to me as i'm packing my kit up - cymbals off, snare in its case and i'm dismantling a stand and says:
"are you guys finished? are you going on again?"

i just want to say something back like:

"no, we have another set still but i want to change to a different colour drumkit ... heeeere's yer sign*"

*PS: if you are Bill Engvall and you are reading this - feel free to use it in your routine".

LOL

I'm a professional photographer and I'd be at a sporting event taking pics and have two cameras around my neck. People would go "you here taking pictures?" Honestly I said this to someone one day. I said "nope this is just my bling". They went yeah guess that was kind of a dumb question huh.

I clearly remember this one night when I was packing my drumset into my car after a gig outside a club... when two blondes come walking by. They ask me if I'm a musician (as I'm putting drums and cymbals into cases and then into my car. "Yes, I'm a drummer." I continue to put stuff INTO my car, when one of them asks, "So, are you getting ready to play?"

When I finally could control myself enough to answer no, I was packing up, one turned to the other and said, "Oh no, we missed the music!" and they turned and walked off. It was 10:30 and we were the opening act. Some people's kids...

lol - i sometimes get this one:
i'm walking into a venue, i have a shirt on that says drummer and has a picture of animal from the muppets, i've got a 24'' bass drum case in my arms. a punter stops me on the way to the stage and says:

"hey, are you a drummer?"

and i just want to say to them:

"no, this is a giant wheel of cheese i have in here. Heeeere's yer sign"

lol - i sometimes get this one:
i'm walking into a venue, i have a shirt on that says drummer and has a picture of animal from the muppets, i've got a 24'' bass drum case in my arms. a punter stops me on the way to the stage and says:

"hey, are you a drummer?"

and i just want to say to them:

"no, this is a giant wheel of cheese i have in here. Heeeere's yer sign"

you wear a shirt that says Drummer to a gig?
with a picture of Animal on it?

Hey I want that shirt.

just seems slightly odd to me for an adult to wear that ....other than to cut the lawn or whatever

but to each his own....doesnt make him any less of a good guy and player

just my opinion as well

probably the best sitcom around at the moment. and the lead character wears these type of shirts.
i grew up with grunge and i aint changing. ! - ]
j

Sheldon-s-T-shirts-the-big-bang-theory-7830028-800-451.jpg

just seems slightly odd to me for an adult to wear that ....other than to cut the lawn or whatever

but to each his own....doesnt make him any less of a good guy and player

just my opinion as well

Screw being an adult. I wear jeans and a t-shirt whenever I can. If I can offend or amuse someone with a slogan on the shirt, even better.

Screw being an adult. I wear jeans and a t-shirt whenever I can. If I can offend or amuse someone with a slogan on the shirt, even better.

I wear jeans and t shirts every day

but I would never wear a shirt that says Drummer in it with a picture of Animal to a gig

thats just me

I'd be a lot more likely to be wearing a shirt that says "guitar player", out of general contrariness.

I always loved this tee:
1353_clutch_jeanpaul.jpg

I bet you can relate. I heard JP got in as much learnin from Elvin as he could.

I'd be a lot more likely to be wearing a shirt that says "guitar player", out of general contrariness.

I always loved this tee:
1353_clutch_jeanpaul.jpg

I bet you can relate. I heard JP got in as much learnin from Elvin as he could.

2 of my favorite drummers in that pic

and I actually have that shirt

:)

thats a bit different than a muppet shirt that says drummer

probably the best sitcom around at the moment. and the lead character wears these type of shirts.
i grew up with grunge and i aint changing. ! - ]
j

Sheldon-s-T-shirts-the-big-bang-theory-7830028-800-451.jpg

LOVE Big Bang Theory!!!!!

As for the shirt, heck yeah I'd wear one. Now if it was to wedding gig probably not but basic, pub, club,party type heck yeah. Have fun that's what it's about and Animal is a GREAT drumming icon!!!

How bout the shirt with a picture of a drumkit on it and it just says "bang me" in big letters below it? I knew a kid who had one and it was good for a laugh.

a drum shop in LA in the 90s

there are some cool ones on eBay

I know. I looked. Couldn't find that one.

Oh well, been meaning to buy some Bakerton Group shirts anyhow. I know where to get those. Some of the el rojo ones are way cool.

Ok guys, we're moving on past the Animal shirt...

Played street fair gig a few months ago. Time slot was about 3 or 4 hours. On a break watch the gear and tuning my snare. We're playing on the sidewalk downtown. In between the sound of me tapping my snare I hear a nearby teenager to his buddie say "You have to TUNE drums??!!" They didn't mean the comment for me but I felt inclined to respond: "Nah, you just hit s**t and hope it sounds good!" They all laughed and I proceeded to explain about how drums are tuned while tuning up my snare.

The odd part pf this interaction is that many people don't know that drums are tuned and just go about my own sarcastic approach. I suppose I get a sign too...

Back