Double Pedal Advice Please

benomino324

I am getting a double pedal with some hard earned cash. I want to make a smart investment on which one fits me the best. My budget is $190 or less on one. ( -$10 because of Gibraltar drop clutch.) I do not play double bass like Joey Jordison, I play more the The Rev or Mike Portnoy. I do not need blazing speed. (Although a little would be nice.) My choices are:

Pacific Drums by DW 400 Series Double Pedal
Pacific Drums by DW DP402 Double Bass Drum Pedal
Sound Percussion Double Bass Drum Pedal with Drop Clutch
Pulse Double Bass Drum Pedal
Gibraltar Prowler Double Pedal
Taye PSK602C Bass Drum Double Pedal
Gibraltar Avenger II Double Pedal
Pearl P122TW Double Pedal
DW 4002P Double Bass Drum Pedal
Pacific Drums by DW DP602C Double Pedal

They are in cheapest to most expensive.
I want to know if the first two DWs are worth paying $99.99 for.
I prefer the DWs but if they are bad I prefer the Gibraltar Prowler.
Please give me some advice!

I am getting a double pedal with some hard earned cash. I want to make a smart investment on which one fits me the best. My budget is $190 or less on one. ( -$10 because of Gibraltar drop clutch.) I do not play double bass like Joey Jordison, I play more the The Rev or Mike Portnoy. I do not need blazing speed. (Although a little would be nice.) My choices are:

l
Gibraltar Prowler Double Pedal
Taye PSK602C Bass Drum Double Pedal
Gibraltar Avenger II Double Pedal
Pearl P122TW Double Pedal
DW 4002P Double Bass Drum Pedal

They are in cheapest to most expensive.
I want to know if the first two DWs are worth paying $99.99 for.
I prefer the DWs but if they are bad I prefer the Gibraltar Prowler.
Please give me some advice!

Those should be your choices out of what you posted

try the Pearl P122TW Double Pedal, they are very good for there price :) nice and smooth. Goodluck mate.

If it feels good to you and it's cheap then get it.

You really need to check out all these yourself. Put on your favorite drum shoes and go pedal shopping. What feels comfortable to you....only you can decide.

I am getting a double pedal with some hard earned cash. I want to make a smart investment on which one fits me the best. My budget is
"

We see this a lot here on DW, since the wording is 'what eva', its hard to search.

One mistake you don't want to make is thinking this is going to be the last pedal you buy. If your a drummer (already in the game) and it sounds like you are, its not going to be the last pedal you buy.

Many drummers here on DWorld can afford any drum pedal they want. Some have multiple 'top of the line' pedals. From the beginners to pros, whatever pedal they have, one thing is 'almost for certain', its not going to be the last pedal they buy. The industry is going to make a point of bringing out new, improved product.

The drumming game is 'expensive' as we all know. Almost like a curse, if you don't have access to lots of gear, much cash/credit will be spent finding what feels right for you.

What's the best approach? Attitude. A good one is to treat gear purchases not as 'purchases', but more like 'leases'. You buy a piece of gear, (pedal whatever), use it and while in your possession you keep the gear in good shape (the extra-effort component, which may be easier for some, harder for others). You then have the option of selling it close to, or maybe even for more $ than you paid for it. The attitude positive is- knowing you don't have to be stuck with anything.

So say if you were offered a chance to try out a new Pearl Demon Dive pedal for free, or a small fee, would you do it? In most cases (with enough cash/credit) its a reality- a return policy.

In the end, your playing 'is' going to limited to your pedals abilities. A cheaper pedal will only let you get so far. Its a main reason why people drop the cake on the expensive stuff, then they know they're the weak link, not the gear.

Pedals can have lots of hours on them and still look/function as new. In that regard, used is another great option. A used higher-end pedal (say an Iron Cobra) is going to be a much better choice than any of the pedals you've mentioned.

Its better to get a used hi-end pedal, than a new budget/mid level one. If you have to replace a spring, hinge, etc. to bring it up to new, your only looking a a few dollars down the road.

Here's one of many examples (that was real easy to find)
http://cgi.ebay.com/tama-iron-cobra...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Back