Patent Issued on Low Volume Drum Sticks

Shark Pit

Lazaro at lidwishsoulutions is happy to announce that my patent has been issued, at the United States Patent and Trade Office (USPTO) for my low volume drum sticks. I am stoked and humbled beyond belief, and I also wanted to thank those of you who have consistently supported my efforts to create a drum stick and kick beater that actually works for quiet drumming. It probably won't in itself make you a better drummer, but you may be with the extra hours you can devote to practice and play without your neighbors, bandmates and family becoming upset with loud drumming.

Since the initial development 3 years ago, I have revised, improved, tweaked my invention that now has sold worldwide to professionals, bands, beginners, churches and everyone in the middle, Both versions of the sticks and the kick beater are effective and I've been surprised to learn that some have even adapted them to electronic kits.

Recently - This is what Rachel said:

I freakin love these things!
i love these sticks, and even more so the kick!
the kick pedal is the best sounding i have ever heard, no joke!
the way i have my set rigged i can play at 3 in the morning and nobody would hear but me! and the sticks are so light! perfect for my weak hands.
may i post on my page a quick blurb & link about you and encourage nyc drummers to give you a shout?? everyone who needs to practice quietly (which is everyone in nyc) will love these...
mahalo! Rachel

http://lidwishsoulutions.com
FACEBOOK

Last edited:
What are the sticks called? You have a site or facebook/myspace page?
I'd love to check them out.

Wow very cool! Those look like a lot of thought was put into them, and from the video it seems like they work great! I don't like pads... it's just not very fun playing because the drums dont have much flavor. These seem like the perfect solution! I might have to get myself a pair... No more stopping practicing at 7:30 pm...

I'm extremely interested in your product.

But ... I think the single video at your website does a poor job of illustrating what they can and can not do.

I think you need a better video, with an A/B of typical sticks and then your sticks, with the drummer trying to apply similar force with both.

But ... I think the single video at your website does a poor job of illustrating what they can and can not do.

I think you need a better video, with an A/B of typical sticks and then your sticks, with the drummer trying to apply similar force with both.

Agreed.......far too many unanswered questions. The A-B would be great. As would any info on distribution to the rest of the world - I know it surprises many Yanks, but there is a whole globe of drummers outside of America, who just may be interested. I know my wife would be keen on a product such as this. :)

I like the idea, but I just don't see enough to form any real viable opinion.

More info please Shark.......these look promising....but I'd like you to fill in a few more blanks, if you would. :)

There are about 8 videos, all posted on youtube, and are on the videos webpage. On each side of the video are left or right arrows and they lead to the next one. Matt Poynter does two demos, and Kris does a few...I think I will change the player layout soon.

I will answer any question, but our testimonials on Facebook and on our website are absolutely 100% accurate. Many are members here or on other forums and are experienced drummers and teachers.

Agreed.......far too many unanswered questions. The A-B would be great. As would any info on distribution to the rest of the world - I know it surprises many Yanks, but there is a whole globe of drummers outside of America, who just may be interested. I know my wife would be keen on a product such as this. :)

I like the idea, but I just don't see enough to form any real viable opinion.

More info please Shark.......these look promising....but I'd like you to fill in a few more blanks, if you would. :)

We have sold a lot to Australia, Canada, the U.K. New Zealand Finland Brazil and even Serbia as well as every state in the US. We have friends/customers in Melbourne, Rockhampton, Sydney - Australian sales account for about 15% of our sales!

I also have videos on my Facebook page. The wives are usually the acid test on my sticks and I have yet to disappoint them. Here is the Youtube link to videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lidwish#grid/user/332D18BAB3062B58

Last edited:
I really don't see how they are volume reducing sticks. They still sound like drums being played with regular sticks. Just my opinion though. I'd have to try them out to give a full assessment.

We have sold a lot to Australia, Canada, the U.K. New Zealand Finland Brazil and even Serbia as well as every state in the US. We have friends/customers in Melbourne, Rockhampton, Sydney - Australian sales account for about 15% of our sales!

I also have videos on my Facebook page. The wives are usually the acid test on my sticks and I have yet to disappoint them.

Thanks for your reply Shark.......I don't Facebook mate, but I'll endeavour to check out all I can. Not trying to be discouraging mate, as I said, I like the idea.....I'll investigate further.

As for the "wife test"? lol, man....yep, if you get wife approval, these things should walk off the shelves!! :)

I really don't see how they are volume reducing sticks. They still sound like drums being played with regular sticks. Just my opinion though. I'd have to try them out to give a full assessment.
That's the beauty. They still sound like drums, just at a quiter volume. Whereas using pads don't sound like drums.
You can tell they're quiter by the videos.

Could be butt I would find them useless if they are really loud. I wouldn't be able to play at 2am even if my volume was half reduced.

Could be butt I would find them useless if they are really loud. I wouldn't be able to play at 2am even if my volume was half reduced.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=181641478517657&id=79051101460

Usually it's more than half the volume - Depending on your playing style, acoustics, room you play in and equipment - hey, they may not be for you, but we do offer a 30 day money back guaranty. Everyone seems pretty pleased so far with their purchase, but if your situation is as you describe it, you may need to take additional sound dampening measures.
Aloha!

Re: Patent Issued on Low Volume Drum Sticks - Shipping

To celebrate my new patent...From now to the end of January, (January 31, 2011) I am shipping all orders over $49.00 for $5.00 USD FLAT - that means a set of sticks with a kick beater, or two sets of sticks, either version, or two kick beaters. Whatever combination you like.

Anywhere - Including Australia. $5.00 - the U.K. $5.00 - Chicago $5.00 Canada...same.

Aloha!

Lazaro

I don't know - I guess I'm just stoopid.

Still not getting it. Is there Any video where those sticks are A/B'd with regular sticks?
It's Impossible to evaluate the usefulness of these without hearing and seeing a video where the player plays the same way, with the same force/approach - with the two different sets of sticks. Am I the only one thinking this?

I don't know - I guess I'm just stoopid.

Still not getting it. Is there Any video where those sticks are A/B'd with regular sticks?
It's Impossible to evaluate the usefulness of these without hearing and seeing a video where the player plays the same way, with the same force/approach - with the two different sets of sticks. Am I the only one thinking this?

Did you have a chance to read the testimonials on our website? Or our facebook page? http://www.facebook.com/Lidwish.Soulutions

We've been selling for over 2 years and they are definitely lower volume, but no matter what video I put there, I am now very much wishing my camera was working. In many of the videos the drummer is actually having a conversation, which is usually not possible with regular drumplay and regular sticks. On the other hand, you don't really see any comparison of the kind you describe with promark hot rods or cool rods, despite their claims either.

Our customers know, and I believe they are the best judges of the effectiveness and that they play just as normal wood sticks and normal kick beaters, with great rebound but without the volume. In addition, they do not scar your drum heads, splinter, leave wood shavings, crack or pit your cymbals, drive your friends and family out the door, make your church surround you in a drum shield, get the cops called on you by your neighbors or force you to use dead sounding drum pads.

Aloha!

Back