Arthritis in Foot - Looking for Kick Drum Alternatives

Yea I think brentcn is spot on by saying your left foot will have to be your bass foot. Maybe a similar setup like drummerca35 has would work. I've seen some remote hi hat pedals that use a sort of chord to open and close? That could be for your right foot hi hat operation and then a double bass drum setup would allow you to play the kick with your left. It'll just take a little practice

Life happens and we all get hurt eventually, you just gotta keep playing

I bet with some work on your left foot, you can extend the years of happy play by many fold. Plus, how cool would that be to have a left that can handle that? I bet you're up to the challenge. I met you briefly via email, you didn't strike me as a pushover, I bet them bones still have some rattling to do!! I wish you the best

If you can't or don't want to train your left foot to handle kick duties, I know you could build a trigger apparatus that requires less force. If you can tap your foot even slightly, I'm certain it would work.

Hell, you could simply stick a $3 piezo to the bottom of a shoe and it would send a signal to trigger a kick sound.

If you can't or don't want to train your left foot to handle kick duties, I know you could build a trigger apparatus that requires less force. If you can tap your foot even slightly, I'm certain it would work.

Hell, you could simply stick a $3 piezo to the bottom of a shoe and it would send a signal to trigger a kick sound.

Or get a nice longboard direct drive. Those require very little force.

Back