Drum mic recommendation

Atlas

Hey guys,

I've been looking for a decent set of drum mics for recording/live shows, I have been looking at the Sennheiser e604 for snare/toms, not sure yet for a kick mic. Any recommendations for a decent mic setup thats not too steep on the price would be appreciated.

I just use SM57s for snare and toms and a Beta 52 for the kick. They've never given me any issues, and they've always sounded great. As for overheads, I use a pair of Shure 489 condensers. A good condenser for a room mic is also a must.

Overall, not too expensive, they give a great sound, and they have many, many uses, outside of just recording drums.

I just use SM57s for snare and toms and a Beta 52 for the kick. They've never given me any issues, and they've always sounded great. As for overheads, I use a pair of Shure 489 condensers. A good condenser for a room mic is also a must.

Overall, not too expensive, they give a great sound, and they have many, many uses, outside of just recording drums.

Thanks! I'll definitely try and see if I can find some around for a decent price. And ya, have a mixer too!

Bass Drum: Audio-Technica ATM25, Heil PR48, Lewitt DTP 640 REX
Toms: Audio-Technica ATM25, Shure SM57
Snare: Audio-Technica ATM23HE, Shure SM57, Audio-Technica ATM69, Audio-Technica ATM450
Hi-Hats: Audio-Technica ATM450 or Audio-Technica AE5100
Overheads: Audio-Technica ATM450, Lewitt LCT 140, Octavia MK-012, Audio-Technica AE5100

Try shopping around for used mic's. There are some real bargains out there. Good things come to those who wait.

Back