Zildjian FX

chuzzy

I have the zildjian a391 cymbal set, and i love the bright tones with my drums. I am a heavier drummer, though, and i only have the zbt china and zbt splash, which i have always despised. Are the A custom splashes and the fx oriental chinas any good? and are they worth the investment?

Yes they are much better than the series you currently own, zbt is an entry level, the A series is a professional cymbal. As far as if they are worth it, only your ears can determine that. Head to a store and try some out to see what you think.

Me personally I think they are worth is as I play A and A customs and have for 3 decades now. But I strongly urge you to hear them for yourself at a shop. You can pick up 5 A custom cymbals of the exact size and weight and each one will sound different. I've put many a cymbal back trying them out till I found the one that sounded best to me.

It's a good idea to have someone else hit them so you can stand back 10-15 ft and hear what they sound like from the audience perspective, the sound is different from what you hear behind the kit.

Congrats on your A's!

Yes they are worth it! I suggest going to the store and trying them out.

as for the a custom splashes, try out the sizes first.

as for the chinas, the zildjian oriental chinas are what i would go for. They are great!

Congrats on your A's!

Yes they are worth it! I suggest going to the store and trying them out.

as for the a custom splashes, try out the sizes first.

as for the chinas, the zildjian oriental chinas are what i would go for. They are great!

The As and FX series are certainly a step up. I think the A Custom splashes sound quite fine, as well as the FX Oriental splashes. However I think the Oriental chinas sound like absolute hot garbage, especially in the smaller sizes! The 19" K Custom Dark or Hybrid chinas are the only ones I'd recommend from Zildjian, personally I think Sabian and Meinl have vastly preferable selections. All depends on your ear though, so you should definitely see if you can try a couple out.

Back