Question for the Ludwig guys

R

Rich_Emslie

I recently got a quote for a new Ludwig classic maple kit. I knew the Elite hardware came standard with all classic maple orders. Does anyone know about the "classic" hardware option though? Does it add additional cost to the kit? This is my first time ordering from Ludwig.

I recently got a quote for a new Ludwig classic maple kit. I knew the Elite hardware came standard with all classic maple orders. Does anyone know about the "classic" hardware option though? Does it add additional cost to the kit? This is my first time ordering from Ludwig.

The shell pack should be cheaper. We only sell high end kits as shell packs due to the cost issue. The last time we carried a high end Luddy with hardware was a Fab Four kit about 5 years ago.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant hardware as in tom/floor tom mount,legs...etc

USA, well Tennessee to be exact.

My idea was to give the kit that classic ludwig look. Yet with the Elite hardware option, that would be a little difficult. I wasn't sure if they would charge for anything else besides what came standard.

Ludwig has this stuff pictured (albeit not well) in the back of the most recent catalog on their website. My CM kit has the classic floor tom legs (9.5mm), Elite spurs, and the "Rocker" single 9.5mm tom mount (mounted on the bass drum). The "Rocker" mount is what you need for the 9.5mm mount on the rack toms.... unless you do the "vibra-band" isolation mount. The "Classic" spurs are the "disappearing" style. These weren't available (I think!) when I bought my kit in 1997.

I really doubt that the Classic hardware will add much (if anything!) to the cost of the kit. I'd definitely do the Classic hardware if you want the old-school look.

Good luck!

-Ryan

I'll be sure to check out the catalog on the site. Thanks Ryan!

The cost difference with the classic vs. elite vs. keystone hardware is negligable. In fact during my process, I had priced a legacy kit with chrome hardware and brass hardware. The brass jumped the price by 50 bucks.

Back