Upside Down Samba. Say What Now?

Nah, I could just say buzz off you with your narrow world view, but that would be too easy, I seek to engage the simple minded at their own level.

What a weird response. I was making a factual point about something you said. I guess your knowledge of samba must be completely tapped out if you have to go directly to the personal attacks like that. Congratulations on learning the names of some of the instruments, though.

What a weird response. I was making a factual point about something you said. I guess your knowledge of samba must be completely tapped out if you have to go directly to the personal attacks like that. Congratulations on learning the names of some of the instruments, though.

I don't think this is the point to argue, factual point by factual every exception. The broader trend in samba is for baterias and hand percussion, with drum sets only playing a minor role through out history, please accept this as fact and move along.

BTW, did you watch those videos I posted. I think you might get a better idea of what samba is if you did.

In an effort to lighten up the mood and bring the conversation back to samba, here's a vid I recorded about five years ago on pandeiro. With all of the talk regarding the authenticity of batucada, samba schools, and samba instruments, I figure this vid is relevant to the instruments and patterns that are being discussed. In it, you can hear two traditional Brazilian rhythms (along with variations) being voiced. One is partido alto and the other is the traditional samba.

Pandeiro Montage 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET2uSl_j_Ds

Wow! Very impressive. Love all of your vids man!

Back