Fixing a kick mic in your kick drum...

Stoney

Hi all
I've got a AKG D112 kick drum mic and am thinking of permanently placing it in my kick drum. It comes with its standard holder bracket for attaching to a stand.
Does anyone know if there are any cheap brackets out there meant for the purpose of fitting one in your bass drum? Without drilling any holes!!!
Thanks in anticipation.

Not aware of anything like that. Where's the lead going to go?

I don't have a price quote, but I saw this in modern drummer. I'm sure there are several products of this kind. http://www.kellyshu.com/

Hey, that's cool! I might have to get one of those, I'd be popular with engineers everywhere I went!

Not aware of anything like that. Where's the lead going to go?

The lead (that I will provide) will flow out of the hole in the resonant head. If I'm honest, it's not only that I have the mic anyway and fancy doing it, it's mainly that I'm fed up with people knocking the bass drum mic stand out of place and so moving the mic. That and stopping engineers from hastily ripping it out and damaging my front head!!

Try the Kelly Shu (mentioned above) or the May internal system. I haven't used the Shu personally; I've used the May system and it's fine at what it does. I think the May can be installed sans drilling.

Try the Kelly Shu (mentioned above) or the May internal system. I haven't used the Shu personally; I've used the May system and it's fine at what it does. I think the May can be installed sans drilling.

Yes, the May bracket can be installed with out drilling holes.

Back