Jeff Beck

Don't have or believe in one favorite but Jeff Beck is one of of the greats for sure.

A stylist who has created a very unique voice on the guitar and is the inspiration for many who have followed in his style. A true iconoclast. Check out his version of Porkie Pie Hat from the Wired album to hear his guitar 'talk'.

Bill Frisell, Scott Henderson, Michael Landau, Wayne Krantz, Joe Bonamassa, Steve Ray Vaughan, Oz Noy, Pat Metheny, John Scofield, Mike Stern, John Maclaughlin are some of the guys I enjoy listening to thesedays.

Pete Townshend -> The Who

Hendix was Pete's favorite guitar player, btw.

Last edited:
Jeff Beck was (and still is) a great guitarist. I agree with aydee- Wired is an excellent album with two slammin' drummers. I think Narada Michael Walden's aggressive thunder-fusion ("Led Boots") contrasts nicely with Richard Bailey's loose British funk ("Head For Backstage Pass").
I recently got the chance to listen to Charlie Christian's guitar playing, and it's incredible because I can hear how other giants of the instrument like George Benson, Wes Montgomery and even Les Paul modeled their styles after his.

I'm a bit of a guitar fanatic, some of my faves-

Gary Moore- back in the 80's the man was untouchable!
Jimi Hendrix- 'Machine Gun' from Band of Gypsys is a tour-de-force
Ritchie Blackmore- 'Highway Star' from Made in Japan is an absolute scorcher
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Albert Collins- the 'IceMan' baby!
Vinnie Moore
Eddie Van Halen
Michael Schenker
Robben Ford- one of the most tasteful I've ever heard, and what technique!
Wolf Hoffman- monster riffs drip from his guitar
Akira Takasaki- another player with some fantastic riffs
Steve Morse
Donovan McKitty- a friend of mine who played with Nicko McBrain before Nikko joined Maiden
Coco Montoya- a former drummer oddly enough
Carlos Santana- who doesn't like Carlos?

to name just a few

oh, let me add that Jeff Beck's playing on 'Cause We've Ended As Lovers from the Blow by Blow CD is
one of the most emotional guitar pieces I have ever heard. Nothing short of sheer brilliance!

Last edited:
The thing I so much like about Jeff Beck is his assemblage of "totally killer musicians" that he uses on his albums, over the years. While his "style" and "sound" remain signature, his, dare I call any of those cats, his "back up band" throws him into contemporary. Love his stuff.

Back