Los Angeles Bonham Tribute show

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I came across this, and I thought I'd pass along the the info.

I won't be going myself, as Katatonia are in town from Sweeden that night.

But for anyone near by, it looks like it might be a fun night.

http://www.melodicrock.com/index1.php
Saturday, Zeptember 25th at Key Club just keeps getting bigger by the day! Not only is it the 30th anniversary of the passing of rock's most influential drummer; Led Zeppelin's John Bonham! Not only did 17 of rock's biggest drummers get aboard in honor of John Bonham! But now, Zoe Bonham, daughter of John Bonham, has confirmed to perform as well! Event co-organizer/Whitesnake drummer Brian Tichy says, "the energy going around us drummers in regard to the Bonzo tribute is electric! I can't wait to sit back and watch some of my favorite drummers rock some of the best music ever in the spirit of Bonzo! Now with the addition of Zoe Bonham, you gotta ask yourself, are you really NOT going to be there? This kind of tribute has never been done before!"
The concept is simple... each drummer gets on the replica Bonham kit, from The Song Remains The Same movie. With the kit front and center stage, each drummer plays his favorite song with the secret house band. No one knows which drummer will be next, or which song will be played. But with Jason and Zoe Bonham performing, this will be the tribute in which all others are measured against! Also, closing the night is the ultimate all girl Led Zeppelin tribute band, "Hammer Of The Broads."
The 'who's who' list of rock finest drummers are; Steven Adler (Guns 'N Roses, Adler's Appetite), Vinny Appice (Black Sabbath, Heaven and Hell), Kenny Aronoff (John Cougar, John Fogerty, studio legend), Frankie Banali (Quiet Riot), Bobby Blotzer (RATT), Jason Bonham, son of John Bonham (Led Zeppelin, Foreigner) Fred Coury (Cinderella), Jimmy D'Anda (BulletBoys), James Kottak (Scorpions), Abe Laboriel (Paul McCartney), Khurt Maier (Salty Dog), Stephen Perkins (Jane's Addiction), Chris Slade (The Firm/ AC/DC), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers/Chickenfoot), Briian Tichy (Whitesnake/Foreigner/ Billy Idol), Joe Travers (Zappa Plays Zappa/ Duran Duran) and Simon Wright (AC/DC / DIO).

From as young as I can remember, I've always been envious of anyone that lives in LA (let's face it...Melbourne is about as far away as you can get from the place....in fact, Melbourne is about as far away as you can get from any place).....I wish I was going to this guys and gals, I really do!! Sounds a treat!!

No way I will be able to afford/attend that show, but I hope someone has enough firing brain cells left to think about taping the show. I'm sure a LOT of copyright issues/management, etc will have to be addressed, but I'm definitely down for a copy of that. Here's hoping a DVD will be available. If not, at least there's YouTube, right? That room will be sick with talent. Should be a classic evening in every way. You think the other three might show up? How amazing would that be.

Also, closing the night is the ultimate all girl Led Zeppelin tribute band, "Hammer Of The Broads"

Just saw them last week, pretty freaking entertaining.

How amazing would this show be. I would love to see who the secret house band is, could be a great time. With Arnoff, Perkins and Smith the drumming will definitely be quality. I agree with FOG (as he has recently been dubbed), there is no place like LA. I miss it.

Also, closing the night is the ultimate all girl Led Zeppelin tribute band, "Hammer Of The Broads"
That's a pretty great idea for a tribute band. There's an AC/DC all girl tribute band here in Seattle called "Hell's Belles".

Anyway, that sounds like a fun show. Maybe there will be a DVD of it at some point?

Maybe there will be a DVD of it at some point?

As long as Page hasn't got anything to do with it's release, you're a chance for a DVD.

Can someone tell me why we haven't seen a release of the O2 Arena Zepp reunion yet? I know it was filmed, yet no DVD. Christ, the man can drag his heels!!

Back