Am I Asking Too Much?

kingy102

If you've read another thread I posted, about the Drumcraft acrylic kit, you'd see that I'd fallen in love with that kit and had set my eyes on it. Now to actually get the kit I would have to sell my current one. BUT, I can't really find much information about the series as I believe it has been discontinued.

Here's what my ad say's.

This series drums is now discontinued!

These are full maple shells in a white sparkle finish, the kit is in near perfect condition. Been used at countless gigs and studio sessions. A great set of drums for any level drummer!

Sizes

Kick - 20x17.5
rack tom - 8x8
rack tom 10x10
floor tom 14x14
floor tom 16x16

ONLY DRUMS NO HARDWARE (apart from tom mounts/legs)

126176496.jpg

now I've put the asking price as £1,500 but I feel this maybe prehaps a little too high. Anyone got any suggestions?

There's no brand. If I was a potential buyer I know I'd be interested......so will thousands of others.

Many will want to know a series too. I know they've been discontinued but where did they fit in the pecking order originally....beginner, intermediate, top end?

When I see people screaming RARE and DISCONTINUED from the hilltop, all I really think is, Well, I guess I'll never be able to find that add-on 12" tom or bass drum or whatever. Also, "used at countless gigs" doesn't really seem like a positive thing.

Odd sizes as well, 8/10/14/16?

What did you pay for them in the first place? Did you get them new?

Unfortunately you can buy full maple kits for a number of brands from £700 - £1000 new these days. I'd bring to back to AT LEAST £1k, if not a little more.

But, hell, leave it lout there for a little more for a while and see if you get a bite. You can markdown later.

Hi , would you consider selling the 8" Tom by itself ? The Sonor 3003/3005/3007 white sparkle is kinda hard to find...

Thanks!
Neal

I bought the drums for £700 off my drum teacher, about 4/5 years ago. I don't know much about the history of the 3005 series and how easily available they were but after some googling I can't find any of the same sets with this config.

I've lowered the price to £1,200. I doubt I'd go below £1000 as the drums have a rather sentimental value (my first drum kit) and the fact that they sound amazing!

Neal, where are you based?

The Force series kits didn't sell that much new here in the States. I bought a Force 3007 kit (20/10/12/14ft and snare) for $599 (no hardware, but with free shipping), so an older Force....I don't know. You might want to just keep them, especially if they have sentimental value and sound great. You could always use a second kit.

I bought the drums for £700 off my drum teacher, about 4/5 years ago.
You bought them for £700, and you think you an get £300 or £500 more for them now, after 4 years. No, I don't think that's gonna happen.​
Yes, you're asking too much. To maximize your £, sell each drum seperate. There might be a guy who "only" wants the 8", or 1 floor, or just the kick (to have doubles, or another size, for options to a kit he already has). Intermediate kits new cost what you're asking for your used kit. Mention that "interested buyers" who want the whole kit, can make an offer. That's a $500 kit (£310) in my eyes. I paid less than £621 for my Yamaha Recording Custom kit, so no way would I pay that or more, for a Sonor Force kit.​
Bottom line, ask whatever you want. Buyers will dictate what the selling price will be .... or .... you'll be holding on to them.​

I bought the drums for £700 off my drum teacher, about 4/5 years ago. I don't know much about the history of the 3005 series and how easily available they were but after some googling I can't find any of the same sets with this config.

I've lowered the price to £1,200. I doubt I'd go below £1000 as the drums have a rather sentimental value (my first drum kit) and the fact that they sound amazing!

Neal, where are you based?

Hey there! I'm on the east coast of Canada in Halifax , Nova Scotia.
Am I drunk or did I see this kit on a local online classified site? Was that you? Did I see them on eBay but I'm getting confoosed? :)

I was trying to PM you but you have PM messaging turned off...

So you bought them for £700 and now want over twice that? Right.

Here is what I tell anyone who is trying to sell anything. It matters not what you think something is worth but what the market will bear. While it may be difficult to find an exact match check on EBay or other online sites to see what Sonor Force kits are selling used. After doing some research you should get a feel for what people are willing to pay for them. In the end that's all that really matters.

Back