Drum Badges: Should there be any: Good, bad ugly, post your pics.

2011-08-30_13-49-02_846.png

Someone said something along the lines of displaying a logo is an act of pride...

I think that's absolutely ridiculous. Displaying company logos and being proud of them is simply buying into the marketing all companies want us to do... we're advertising for them. There's no pride in saying, "Look at me I own THIS and THIS and also THIS."

Yes, different brands make different things. You may prefer what one brand makes--that's fine! But you don't have to stick your head up their butt and suck their... well. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of displaying logos. If I play Yamaha drums, that doesn't make me any different than if I played Pearl drums. Why should I be proud to play a certain brand? I think in the drumming world, a lot of this craziness comes from the whole "endorsement" crap. Top drummers play THIS brand, and THIS brand ONLY. But that's silly.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. As far as badges go, if they don't look obnoxious I don't mind them too much. Some actually can look nice. The badges on my old Tour Customs are fairly small. On the other hand, my S-Class kit has pretty big badges--I'm not a huge fan. Bass drum logos and cymbal logos are more annoying to me though. Someone told me I need to put a big Yamaha logo on my clean bass head... I laughed.

Someone said something along the lines of displaying a logo is an act of pride...

I think that's absolutely ridiculous. Displaying company logos and being proud of them is simply buying into the marketing all companies want us to do... we're advertising for them. There's no pride in saying, "Look at me I own THIS and THIS and also THIS."

Yes, different brands make different things. You may prefer what one brand makes--that's fine! But you don't have to stick your head up their butt and suck their... well. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of displaying logos. If I play Yamaha drums, that doesn't make me any different than if I played Pearl drums. Why should I be proud to play a certain brand? I think in the drumming world, a lot of this craziness comes from the whole "endorsement" crap. Top drummers play THIS brand, and THIS brand ONLY. But that's silly.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. As far as badges go, if they don't look obnoxious I don't mind them too much. Some actually can look nice. The badges on my old Tour Customs are fairly small. On the other hand, my S-Class kit has pretty big badges--I'm not a huge fan. Bass drum logos and cymbal logos are more annoying to me though. Someone told me I need to put a big Yamaha logo on my clean bass head... I laughed.

I don't actually think they want you to be proud that your playing their drums, They want to be proud that your playing their drums!

I got a few. Some might not be works of art, but they don't bother me.

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0426-2.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

Dennis

Here's the fastest way to de- value a drumshell..... Also available in black chrome, brass and chrome...

attachment.php
attachment.php

DW prototype Oak stave shell kit

These clear badges may be because they were in a DW Showroom, but I like them.

Attachments

• badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,055
  • dw20.jpg
    dw20.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,217
Some sort of drum and badge of it.

Attachments

• drum.jpg
    drum.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 1,490